Notifications
Clear all

February 15th Swing Trade Ideas

Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

I've scanned through a a couple hundred tickers today and found that the stocks below are looking interesting from a swing trade perspective. Many look good for a hold time of between a few days and a few weeks. What do you think?

This topic was modified 1 week ago by Allsopp

Paul liked
Mysticmoose
(@mysticmoose)
White Belt Customer

Have to agree with the AMD pick. I read this post on Wallstreetbets yesterday about why someone believes AMD will take off very soon.

Source:

Why I think AMD is going up a lot soon from wallstreetbets

Also it happens to be Jaynemesis second biggest position in his portfolio after bitcoin. 

Source: https://www.etoro.com/people/jaynemesis/portfolio

So if you're seeing that the chart for AMD looks good also then it seems to be a good risk to reward ratio.

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Customer

Have been hearing about the chip shortage. I have no understanding of the sector but seems like an intriguing trade.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot for sharing that Moose, I guess it makes sense now why the AMD charts are looking so good. The daily, 2 day and weekly are looking insanely bullish right now.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

ENT and FLTR broke bearish on medium term timeframes. Retreat from those. 

ReplyQuote
HiltzyNS
(@hiltzyns)
Member Moderator

What do you look for in a swing trade vs a day trade

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @hiltzyns

What do you look for in a swing trade vs a day trade

The only difference is the timeframes.

So for example on a Swing trade I am looking at the daily, 2 day and weekly charts to show me the most likely direction something is going to go. I then look for a good entry on the hourly to 4 hour timeframe. Then hold that position for a few days to a few weeks.

With a day trade, I am looking at the likely direction on the 15 minute to 4 hour timeframe and then looking for a good entry on the 1 minute to 15 minute charts.

I don't personally like to day trade Stocks because if you enter a day trade on a stock and it doesn't play out in the 8 hour window that the stock market is open, you're then at the mercy of whatever happens over night when the stock market is closed. I only swing trade stocks for this reason. 

HiltzyNS liked
ReplyQuote
Share: