Notifications
Clear all

JB/s College Bball Pick

Page 1 / 3

JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Customer
Topic starter  

13-6-2 over the last 12 days. Have a solid position for Tuesday 2/16. Big Ten game Michigan State at Purdue.  Take the under 135 points.  These two teams played to a 54-55 snooze fest 6 weeks ago. Mich State still really struggling to score points.  Doubt that trend changes on this road game to Purdue who is no offensive powerhouse in their own right.  Both teams rebound the ball well enough defensively to keep the other from getting many second chance opportunities.  The analytics I trust have this game at a 133 total and I feel even that is about 3 points high.  Grab under 135 if you can get it. 

Tazmanian
(@tazmanian)
Blue Belt Customer

Don't know too much about Bball, how come the betting options on my bookie are under/over 135 points and under/over 135.5 points?

JB826 liked
ReplyQuote
David (hyppen)
(@hyppen1)
White Belt Customer

Those are two different bets, Taz. Under 135 is a push if it ends with exactly 135 points but its a win if you bet under 135.5.

JB826 liked
ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Customer
Topic starter  

@tazmanian That is strange.  In basketball they usually don't quarter the over unders like they do in soccer.  Hyppen is correct on the difference between 135 and 135.5. 

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Customer
Topic starter  

Odds have improved to 136.5...grabbing a little more at that price...fingers crossed!

ReplyQuote
Tazmanian
(@tazmanian)
Blue Belt Customer

I bet under 136 points at 1.93

LFG 👊

JB826 liked
ReplyQuote
HiltzyNS
(@hiltzyns)
Member Moderator

tailing

JB826 liked
ReplyQuote
Tazmanian
(@tazmanian)
Blue Belt Customer

Looking like that under is going to hit easy, wish I bet more. Good call JB 👌

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Customer
Topic starter  

Taz we caught a horrible break with loose whistles and foul shots. We missed the under. A bit dejected after the under looked golden the entire game till the last few minutes. Back to the old drawing board. 13W-7L-2Ties in the last 22 up 5U. Hopefully tomorrow will give us strong positions.

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Customer
Topic starter  

13-7-2 but honestly, I have been an icy 0-3-1 in the last 4. I absolutely love Wed card and am optimistic about a bounce back.  Here are Wed picks 

Syracuse +4.5- road game at Louisville who hasn’t played a game in 16 days. Defense travels and Cuse defensive stats are top flight according to KenPom. Syracuse has won 3/4 including their last conference road game. Getting more than a possession worth of points against a rusty team is a strong position.

VCU -2.5 over Richmond ...VCU is the cream of the crop in the A10 and is plying at home in a crucial conference game. VCU has won 5 in a row and are looking to take the conference and an NCAA tourney birth. VCU is the deeper more athletic team and should defend one territory.

Indiana -4.5 at home against Minnesota. Rare 2U college basketball bet. Indiana will rally after suffering their 3rd embarrassing loss of the season. The last two times? They came back and crushed Stanford by double digits and beat them top 5 Iowa on the road. Indiana has legit talent and are facing a Minnesota team that is 0-7 on the road. Great bounce back spot for Indiana.

ReplyQuote
Guccisniper72
(@guccisniper72)
White Belt Customer

@jb826Nice one JB!

LFG 

JB826 liked
ReplyQuote
HiltzyNS
(@hiltzyns)
Member Moderator

LFG JB!!

JB826 liked
ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Customer
Topic starter  

Unfortunately, the Stanford game has been cancelled and the Indiana line has been steamed to -6.5 which is not good value.  VCU is still a good bet if you haven't gotten in your bets in yet, but hopefully we all got Indiana at -4.5.

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Customer
Topic starter  

2-0 on the night with a 2U winner, so we are up to 15-7-2 overall and 8.3 units. I have two higher risk plays for tomorrow. Tempted to take the day off but these are solid dogs getting points so LFG!!!

Forgive the spelling errors this is typed on my iPhone.

Penn St +5.5 at home v Ohio State. Penn St has been a talented team with wins over probable tournament teams , VCU, Va Tech, Rutgers and Wisconsin. Ohio State has been vulnerable on the road and is in a classic look ahead situation where they play #3 Michigan next week. Getting almost two possessions on a home dog that is capable of pulling the upset is a good position. The risk is that Ohio State is clearly the better team and Penn State was upset by a terrible Nebraska team lost out. But I think Penn St has been pointing to this Ohio St game all week and simply overlooked Nebraska.

Wichita State +8 has won 4 in a row and its last 7 games at home. Faces a Houston team that is a Top 10 powerhouse. Wichita St played Houston to a 7 point game at Houston last time. 8 points is too much in a game that Wichita could win outright on its home court. There is risk in this bet as Houston may be good enough to earn a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney and has a defense that travels well. But an 8 point cushion makes me comfortable that over the long term this is a good type of wager.

ReplyQuote
Moons85
(@benmooney85)
White Belt

Thanks JB, Tailing. Let's Go!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: