Notifications
Clear all

JB/s College Bball Pick

Page 2 / 4

JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Member
Topic starter  

1-1 on the day. 16-8-2 overall with an 8.2U profit.

HiltzyNS liked
ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Member
Topic starter  

No plays Friday. Going to finish UFC and maybe do a little LFA. Hit me with a like if you are actually reading this. Need to decide if I want to keep posting my research. Good luck boys!

ReplyQuote
HiltzyNS
(@hiltzyns)
Member Moderator

fuck yes keep posting the research mate...you are always finding strong positions...win or lose

JB826 liked
ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Member
Topic starter  

2 more plays today.

OK- so as we approach the NCAA tournament, strategy starts to shift.  I am now only interested in teams that are 1) fighting to get into the tournament or 2) fighting for seeding.  It's an added bonus when the opponent has virtually no chance to get in (I say virtually bc it's always possible to get an automatic birth by winning the end of the season conference championship).  With that in mind, I have two plays where the favorite needs to win, matchups up very well with the opponent and the opponent has little to play for and may quit:

1) Drake -12.5

2) Xavier -8

ReplyQuote
Guccisniper72
(@guccisniper72)
Blue Belt Member

Nice one JB I’ll tail for luck.

LFG BABY!!

JB826 liked
ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Member
Topic starter  

2-0 on the day for another couple of units profit.  LFG!

Overall that takes us to 18 wins, 8 losses and 2 pushes for a 10.2u profit.

Going to start doing research now for Monday's card, which is usually juicy.  One note about today, getting the -8 for Xavier almost made all the difference.  That game looked very much like it would be Xavier by 10 and the final line was Xavier -10.5.  Just a lesson in how getting that line early in basketball and NFL before it makes a big move can make all the difference.

Chrit046 liked
ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Member
Topic starter  

1 game for Monday...weaker slate of games overall than I expected.

OSU +3 v. Texas Tech-   Oklahoma State has possibly the No. 1 NBA prospect for next years draft and are playing their best basketball right now. They also have home court advantage and their arena is oddly structured, sometimes throwing off opposing teams.  They defend their home court very well. Texas Tech is on the road coming off a 2 game losing streak. These teams faced once already at Texas Tech and OSU got the W. 

However, the risk factors are that teams often play well in the revenge game and Texas Tech has an outstanding defense.  My theory is defense always travels on the road while you never know about offense.  The line is OSU +2.5 but  I am buying an extra half point to get a full +3 at -120 so that OSU has a full possession as a dog.  Could even see OSU winning this game outright and may sprinkle a little on the money line.  As mentioned it does have some risk facts so just bet 1u.   LFG!!!

ReplyQuote
Guccisniper72
(@guccisniper72)
Blue Belt Member

You’re the man on College Ball JB regardless of outcome.

Gucci luck tailing is also an added bonus for ya...Lol

LFG BABY!!

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Member
Topic starter  

@guccisniper72 LFG!!! Hopefully the money train has several more stops to make in the next 6 weeks.

ReplyQuote
seansully96
(@seansully96)
Blue Belt Member

loving how these forums are coming to life with good researched bets, cheers JB just hit that line now 

JB826 liked
ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Member
Topic starter  

OSU wins outright for us as an underdog!  Record moves to 19-8-2 with 11u profit for College Basketball since I have been posting picks.

Have two plays for tomorrow.  Too tired to do a full write up but these are two solid positions.  

Virginia Tech -1.5-  home game against Georgia Tech.  Va Tech 9-1 at home and still an outside chance to win the conference.  Playing for a conference championship and NCAA tourney seeding so they will be playing hard.  Georgia Tech talented team but horrible on the road, 2-5 this year on the road.  Defense is also sketchy.  The risk factor is that two of the Va Tech reserves are either hurt or suspended so they will be a bit thin.  

Oklahoma -10-  Kansas State is horrible (6-18 overall, 2-13 in conference) and Oklahoma playing for a high conference finish and NCAA tourney seeding.  K-State with nothing to play for and was blown out by 26 against Oklahoma one month ago.  Oklahoma is also a very solid defensive team and should neutralize the few offensive strengths KSU has.  For those that don't follow basketball, this is not Oklahoma State that I picked last night.  One risk factor is that it is a road game and those are always tricky in conference. And if OU goes up by a lot early on they may not play as hard at the end with a big lead. Another risk factor is that K-State has a lot of young players that will want to finish the season strong even if they can't make the NCAA tourney.  The problem is that K-State is just plain bad. Take Oklahoma -10.

GL if you tail.

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Member
Topic starter  

Late Tuesday add....Kansas +3...do not take +2 1/2 or worse...Best of luck to us!

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Purple Belt Member
Topic starter  

0-2-1 on the night.  Kansas just had to make 1 free throw at the death to make it a 1-2 night but it was not to be. Congrats to all you, like Moons, who caught +3.5.  As referenced in the prior post, their are certain key numbers in the NFL and college bball, taking +2.5 would have created a loss, so hope you caught that one at +3 or better.  As to the other two, OK and Va Tech, neither team showed up tonight.  Part of the risk factor in betting on 18 year old kids.

19-10-2 on the season.  8.8u profit.

Two strong positions tomorrow.  Both tournament teams, playing weak teams to improve the all important seeding for the NCAA tourney.  Same story on both. I love this angle.

North Carolina -8.5

Tennessee -6.5

Best of luck if you tail.

ReplyQuote
Moons85
(@benmooney85)
White Belt

Cheers JB! I was lucky to get that line, wouldn't have hit it if not for your tip. Your doing great on these mate, onwards and upwards.

ReplyQuote
Tazmanian
(@tazmanian)
Blue Belt Member

I don't know anything about how bball betting works, what does this mean:

North Carolina -8.5

Tennessee -6.5

I don't see it as a bet on my bookie...

ps: apologies for sounding stupid 😶

*edit: I think I found it, is it this game? =>

North Carolina Central Eagles - North Carolina A&T Aggies

if so then which of the two North Carolina's are we betting?

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Tazmanian

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: