Anderson Silva and ...

Notifications
Clear all

Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz fail drug tests.  

Louis1989
(@louis1989)
Purple Belt

Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin

Anderson Silva is my favourite fighter of all time and I'm gutted to hear about this.

Anthony Birchak just posted on Twitter than you can't be a top 10 fighter without taking PED's. As more and more people get caught, it's becoming harder to argue with people talking like this.

It is kind of scary how deep the rabbit hole goes.

ReplyQuote
Louis1989
(@louis1989)
Purple Belt
Topic starter  

[quote quote=9661]Anderson Silva is my favourite fighter of all time and I’m gutted to hear about this.

Anthony Birchak just posted on Twitter than you can’t be a top 10 fighter without taking PED’s. As more and more people get caught, it’s becoming harder to argue with people talking like this.

It is kind of scary how deep the rabbit hole goes.

[/quote]
I know what you mean, man. I'm at a total and complete loss for words over this. In hindsight though it makes sense... how else could a man in his very late 30's rebound so quickly and seemingly miraculously from an otherwise career ending injury and fight again so quickly?

I hope that NSAC botched the test and this isn't true.

ReplyQuote
Soppie
(@soppie)
Flyweight Champion Customer

After all this, I bet that Nick will get the worst penalty.

Jones can get busted for coke gets a slap on the wrist, Anderson gets busted for 2 types of roids ...meh what are you doing to do.

Nick smokes weed = 1 year suspension fined 100000000000000 dollars.

I don't dislike Anderson but I hate hypocrites, his legacy is gone.

ReplyQuote
Jesse
(@jesse)
Welterweight Champion

i would have never thought he took steroids, as he doesn't look like your obvious juice user, and to take it at a time like this in the ufc just seems dumb considering how much they've stepped up there testing. I don't want to believe that top 10 thing about juice, i think that if jones didn't( not sure if he does) he'd still be in the top ten for sure. testing postive for weed is ridiculous, he should get a bonus imo for being able to compete like that when you smoke, definatly not a performance enhancer i don't care what anyone says,

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion

<rant> It shows that the underbelly of fighting for money contains an element that is hard for even the best to avoid.

Silva has it all now-- hero in his home country (and abroad!), 5 beautiful kids, wife, nice home and life... alot of pressure and he must have legitimately felt his LIFE would be OVER if he could not fight. And lots of little devils on his shoulder saying that some PEDs are called for.

Not to be an apologist for Silva, I think it was horrible judgement.. but it's lonely at the top and who's giving him advice?

Don't forget Dana fucking White is a coke-monging, whoring, degenerate gambler (not that I don't like some of those qualities in a person <grin>) who will say what ever the hell he has to in order to make a buck. He's also brilliant. The Frittatas are borderline mob bosses at best.

MMA has a good way to go toward become a totally legitimate 'sport' with these guys leading the way... but HEY, the 'legitimate' sports are coming DOWN the morality curve so it must look to them like legitimacy is approaching QUICKLY <grin>

It's like Dana White is in fucking Dante's Inferno. Dante got lost in the "dark wood of error" and needed to traverse the 9 circles of Hell in order to witness all of human depravity and suffering before ascending through purgatory and ultimately into righteous paradise.

They've got a ways to go before they are clean 😉

</rant>

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion

[quote quote=9666]After all this, I bet that Nick will get the worst penalty.

Jones can get busted for coke gets a slap on the wrist, Anderson gets busted for 2 types of roids …meh what are you doing to do.

Nick smokes weed = 1 year suspension fined 100000000000000 dollars.

I don’t dislike Anderson but I hate hypocrites, his legacy is gone.

[/quote]

I hear ya on this man... a year or two ago, that would be true. But things have changed here in the states with respect to weed, with multiple states legalizing.. I bet he gets off with a hand slap this time.

It's crazy to go to Denver where it's legal now.. crazy in that I couldn't really tell the difference when visiting. It's not like it's suddenly become Amsterdam. Just business as usual, but with a few dudes sitting in parks smoking joints in the open now.

And more people in the good restaurants 😉

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion

[quote quote=9693]he should get a bonus imo for being able to compete like that when you smoke,[/quote]

LOL... I bet Herb Dean is the coolest dude to have in the cage with you, if you're baked 😉

ReplyQuote
Soppie
(@soppie)
Flyweight Champion Customer

This is coming from a stoner, I think Herb needs to relax on the weed a bit his been stopping fights a little to early / late which costs people their money.

ReplyQuote
Jesse
(@jesse)
Welterweight Champion

silva victory got overturned, I'm glad, whats worse is when he saying he didn't take them,add being a liar in the mix. in truth he was never close to my favorite fighter, he is one of the best of all time, but he's not the goat, don't know why everyone likes to agree that he is. I was glad to see a young ny wrestler knock his ass out

ReplyQuote
War
 War
(@war)
Flyweight Champion

I've always wondered why people believe that fighters are all natural. Seriously?
And when someone get caught, everybody starts bashing him.
Believe me - almost all professional athletes use steroids, just few get caught. If they start make random tests all the time, everybody will get caught. Most of them do it during the early stages of preparation so that when fight time comes, their bodies will be clean.
And I'm not talking just steroids here, they even take HGH. But nobody will admit it.
Hell they even did that TRT shit so that fighters could use steroids all the time.
Trust me on this one - they all(almost all) take steroids and other banned stuff.

ReplyQuote
Jesse
(@jesse)
Welterweight Champion

I don't think nick diaz was using steroids and he's beaten guys who obviously were like cyborgs juiced out other half. I don't bash jon jones for coke, but i do bash silva for steroids, different thing. I'm not gonna judge someones personal life, were here to watch them fight, but silva and the other users are cheating, and as helwani points out this is a combat sport, were not swinging a bat then running to a base, you can kill someone, steroids in this sport are worse. Im not opposed to legalizing all steroids and make them list whether there on them or not, right next to reach it'll say steroids yes or no. lets all be honest about it, so that the people who are not on them get the credit they deserve. Steroids def helps certain things , but its doesn't win over talent as mighty mouse showed us and ali bagautinov, if i found out mighty mouse got popped for steroids id become more cynical but for now i think there are some clean fighters who are better then any juice head cause they work harder

ReplyQuote
Jesse
(@jesse)
Welterweight Champion

Hector Lombard fails drug test and fight with rory is off. sucks about the fight, but that is probably the least surprising drug test failure I've ever seen

ReplyQuote
Share: