Live Streaming my Live Bets?  

RSS

Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
14/02/2017 3:02 pm  

Hey guys,

Hope you're having a good day.

We all know that seconds can make a big difference in Live Betting with the odds constantly shifting. I often find that the odds have declined by the time I have even finished typing the tip into the Live Betting Tips Chatroom. [which is annoying because I'm really fast!]

To get around this and help you maximise the amount of value you get out of your Live Bets I am looking for ways to help you guys lock in your live bets faster once I have posted my tips.

One of the ideas I have had would be to have a live stream of my desktop during the event so that you can see when I am placing a live bet.

My idea is to quickly ring a bell before placing a live bet to notify you that I was about to place a bet. You could then flick over to my livestream video and see the Live Bet that I was placing. This would save you precious seconds locking in the bet because you wouldn't have to wait for me to have my bet confirmed by the betting website and then have to wait for me to type it up and post it in chat.

I would be using Youtube to do the livestream, so I am not sure if there would be any delay on the broadcast. I haven't tested it yet.

What do you guys think?

Let me know.

Thanks a lot

mrtauren
(@mrtauren)
Blue Belt
14/02/2017 6:34 pm  

I'm okay with that idea, Allsopp, but will you still be typing them up in the live chat room? I think we've grown used to that and it'd be a shame to lose that. I am also totally okay with having a lower odd than yourself since you are the first party... not to mention that sometimes on other sites I'll have higher ones than what you posted since nobody's hit them yet.

I might be a youtube noob and not that it would impact me, but is there a way for you on there to lock out non-subscription folks on that channel?

ReplyQuote
rcmastermind
(@rcmastermind)
White Belt Customer
14/02/2017 7:19 pm  

YouTube is about a 20 second delay from what I've found. There is a program called Webinar Jam where you can use both YouTube and their own servers to run something like this. The YouTube still has the delay but I believe their servers has none (or will have none in the near future. It also has a chat feature so you could possibly run one of those for every event and keeps it all together.

ReplyQuote
SonofSloppy2nds
(@sonofsloppy2nds)
Brown Belt
14/02/2017 7:26 pm  

keen as mustard

ReplyQuote
Nordic
(@nordicflight)
Flyweight Champion
14/02/2017 7:37 pm  

Whatever makes it the fastest. We´d have to do a test run on youtube and see if it´s fast or if what rcmastermind is saying is correct. 20sec is a lot of delay, so that probably won´t be good. I assume there is a way to only let premium accounts watch it right?

If you post them manually like you do today. I am in favor of not having a chat function at all in what s now the live bet chat room. It is very annoying to me when people talk during the fight and I see no point in letting anyone but you write in the feed where the bets are coming.

I want to watch the fight and only check the live bets when I hear an alarm and know you have posted a bet.

All in all, I like your idea of speeding it up. It will make us a lot of money in the long run

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
15/02/2017 7:19 am  

Imo, when you have a live bet, type LIVEBET or Live! (On chat)

And intretwsted parties will check the Live chat, Simple Dimple imo.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
15/02/2017 7:22 am  

"LIVEBET" imo, should be enough, for your live bet shares imo.

Meaning "check teh live bet chat, mofos!"

Imo

It resembles NordicFlight's suggestions. FTW.

ReplyQuote
Vix
 Vix
(@vix)
Blue Belt
15/02/2017 7:49 am  

I think the best solution to your problem is using discord/teamspeak or any other group voice chat, where you can just push a button and say your pick right away. Just set up a room with a password only subscribers will have. Streaming is always going to be delayed, if only for 5 seconds its enough to have wasted money on the table.

ReplyQuote
soppie
(@soppie)
Flyweight Champion Customer
15/02/2017 8:01 am  

Discord would be a great option. I use it for WoW and other games

ReplyQuote
w4ar
 w4ar
(@w4ar)
Blue Belt
15/02/2017 8:14 am  

As other ppl say i would agree. Discord would be the best. There is chat + voice chat almost no delay.

ReplyQuote
Nordic
(@nordicflight)
Flyweight Champion
15/02/2017 4:18 pm  

I never used Discord, but if I can get your bet in audio I LOVE it. Then I don´t even have to take my eyes of the fight anymore. Best option by far!

ReplyQuote
koenkokes
(@koenkokes)
Blue Belt
19/02/2017 6:23 pm  

I'd say teamspeak is the best option. Or maybe Discord.

ReplyQuote
Share: