Researching fights

Researching fights  

RSS

timm
 timm
(@timm)
White Belt Customer
03/06/2019 3:09 am  

I'm always looking for an edge and possibly ones no else is paying attention to and something occurred to me and it may be a stupid thing to consider so Im interested in hearing anyones take on my thought.

Does anyone watch what gym the fighter trains at And how many guys from the same gym are on the same card or a card in the not too distant future? And if so if a fighter from said gym is fighting in the main event or on the main card how do fighters on the undercard fare?

My thinking is if multiple guys from the same gym are fighting on the same card or a card within close proximity more attention may be paid to the guy fighting on the main card or main event and guys on the undercard or in a less important fight may not get the attention needed or accustomed to and may lead to a lesser performance by them. 

This may be a ridiculous theory just looking for some thoughts if it may be something worth paying attention to.

Fitz
 Fitz
(@fitz)
White Belt
03/06/2019 12:36 pm  

I absolutely agree with your comments. Chris Allsopp is always mentioning gyms and training partners in his breakdowns but your theory about multiple fighters from the same gym on the same card is interesting. Btw I found a good article detailing Tony Fergusons mental health problems. Sounds like he may have been using coke or meth too imho  https://mmajunkie.com/2019/03/tony-ferguson-ordered-to-stay-away-from-wife-son-ufc-restraining-order-mma-domestic-violence

ReplyQuote
timm
 timm
(@timm)
White Belt Customer
04/06/2019 3:28 am  

Thanks for your thoughts I think its a good idea too or something worth watching at the very least.  im going to try and pay attention to it to see if it has any merit. 

As for Ferguson, Im a nurse and have personal experience with a family member becoming delusional seemingly out of no where. Drugs can play a role for sure but they don't have to be the cause and don't rule out marijuana as a potential catalyst for whatever happened to the guy. Everyone thinks marijuana is safe and has a what can go wrong attitude towards it and I think by and large it is relatively harmless in most people but it can trigger schizophrenia. Especially that synthetic form of marijuana. I have seen a number of young kids who have permanent damage from it. Even in its natural form it can trigger schizophrenia. Seems like a ton of people listen to Joe Rogan and adopt whatever he says as gospel but that guy knows just enough to be dangerous. Edible marijuana please be particularly careful with. Know the amount of THC in it. DO NOT THINK JOEY DIAZ OR ROGAN ARE JUST CUTE WITH THEIR TALES OF THEIR EDIBLE ADVENTURES. Its not cute and can be dangerous. I don't use any mind altering substances myself and I think weed is usually relatively harmless and can help many people and should be available to people BUT know what youre doing. Have fun with it, why not? But respect it. Know where youre getting it and what your doing and when to say enough. 

ReplyQuote
mumudog
(@mumudog)
White Belt
28/06/2019 9:27 am  
This idea is interesting. But I noticed the opposite picture, when several guys from one gym, they are more motivated, 
more relaxed. They spar and warm up among themselves.
I think this model will not work, the psychological component is just a drop in the ocean.
If you rely on only one aspect, this will lead to nothing.
And also we do not know how the same factor is reflected in different fighters.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register