Clear all

UFC 189 Betting - Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor  

Page 14 / 43
  RSS

SlopppyDirtybird
(@sloppy2ndz)
Flyweight Champion
07/05/2015 3:30 am  

like mayweather, ill be waiting for as late as i can until Mcgregor is backed in so much that aldo is the dog, then i will hit aldo with one of the larger bets ive ever made on an mma fight. cant wait for this matchup , should be a lot of fun. but aldo has this

ReplyQuote
Hugo
 Hugo
(@hugocrm)
Welterweight Champion
07/05/2015 3:41 am  

Me too bro. 25 units just waiting ...

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
07/05/2015 3:57 am  

I respect you for doing that hugo youve got big cajones but are you doing this as a fan because there's just too much unknown about connor he can come out and dominate aldo or get dominated ..however, i would put 25 units against connor if he fought rda that'd be the easiest money id ever make

ReplyQuote
SlopppyDirtybird
(@sloppy2ndz)
Flyweight Champion
07/05/2015 4:45 am  

BOOOM hugo! lets get it

ReplyQuote
Hugo
 Hugo
(@hugocrm)
Welterweight Champion
07/05/2015 4:57 am  

@ScottyH you're right, 10 units as a bettor... 15 units as a fan.
It isn't the smartest thing to do, but I take the risk.

ReplyQuote
JIBBBY
(@jibbby)
Black Belt
07/05/2015 5:11 am  

Ok let me attempt to break this fight down but keep it simple -

Aldo, is quicker, bit longer, arguably better standing and or on the ground... Aldo is more experienced, fought better UFC competition to date and again is arguably and simply just a better fighter all the way around at this point.. The Irish hype loud mouth train should stop here with this fight fellas me tinks..

This fight takes place on neutral ground as well in Vegas.. No home court advantage either way going into this one...

Aldo only lost 1 fight in his MMA career thus far and that was years ago when he was basically first starting out in MMA.. Doesn't count!!! He's faced and beat the best in the UFC and he is just now 28 years old.. How can you bet against that?

Needless to say Aldo will be jacked up for this fight as well knowing all the hype, rude actions and comments going in..

Take a close look at Aldo's record, especially in his last 7 UFC fights and tread carefully my friends when thinking of betting on the Irish hero.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jose-Aldo-11506

These are the facts and they are undisputed!!!

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion
07/05/2015 6:32 am  

100 big fat units on McGregor.

Lorenzo has now turned from Italian to Irish.

First title defense in Ireland.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
07/05/2015 8:00 am  

@Jibby undisputed?? how is jose aldo "a bit" longer? He's 3 inches shorter and has a 4 inch reach disadvantage .. and no home court advantage ?? !!! Aldo doesn't make shit because like dana says no1 wants to buy his ppvs, if this goes to decision and it's not a dominating performance from aldo, connor takes it no doubt, the ufc would love for him to be champ

ReplyQuote
JIBBBY
(@jibbby)
Black Belt
07/05/2015 8:45 am  

[quote quote=15138]@Jibby undisputed?? how is jose aldo “a bit” longer? He’s 3 inches shorter and has a 4 inch reach disadvantage .. and no home court advantage ?? !!! Aldo doesn’t make shit because like dana says no1 wants to buy his ppvs, if this goes to decision and it’s not a dominating performance from aldo, connor takes it no doubt, the ufc would love for him to be champ [/quote]

On paper Aldo is shorter with the reach but when fighting he fights long or longer then McGregor when considering the kicks and or total overall striking package. Technically and on paper though I should not have typed that.. My bad. Conor is one inch taller in height and does possess the slight reach advantage with the arms on paper..

So Scotty ya think Aldo is just gonna lay and roll over and lose this fight to McGregor because the UFC/Zuffa, Dana White would like "big draw" Conor McGregor to win for monetary reasons? Spike the future PPV buys? To also continue the International interest in the UFC maybe? Interesting thoughts to consider Scotty in regards to big business in this fight that's for sure. Big business usually has a say in these types of matters anyways and you could be onto something???? Hmmmm?

If that's the case though then we should all bet on Conor McGregor asap!!!

The way I look at it, Aldo has ran the table in the UFC and fought the best while kicking ass and just taking numbers, he's been friendly and represented well during his stay in the UFC.. The quite champ like GSP in sorts.. He's a fairly big draw name himself these days and I bet he doesn't want to tarnish his MMA legacy or record with an "L" period... I don't see Dana White calling him up in the middle of the night either saying "hey, Jose buddy can you take a dive in this fight so we can all make more money in the future? I can't believe that will happen with a name like Jose Aldo.. Best man wins in this fight IMO...

Anyways, betting against Aldo in my mind is kinda like betting on a Matt Hughes, Chuck Liddell, GSP and or Anderson Silva while they're fighting in their MMA primes. Remember Aldo is now just 28 years old and peaking himself..

Good fight to see regardless!!! Hope neither gets hurt leading up and ops out.. :good:

ReplyQuote
Iamcloud
(@iamcloud)
Flyweight Champion
07/05/2015 11:18 am  

Firstly @Jibby age is not a good indicator, its about the miles. We have seen how Aldo has been having more difficulty with opponents in the recent fight. His winning formula has been his takedown defense vs lessor strikers.

Mcgregor on the other hand has faced lessor competition, he has yet to break a sweat. Furthermore, the dude is puzzle. His overall game is unorthodox has you can get. Notice how decorated strikers like Poirier, Hollowway and Siver couldn't "reach" him with their striking. Holloway has a huge output and yet he was getting 3/1 in striking vs Mcgregor..

Stat comparison:

Jose Aldo
Height 5 ft 7 in (170 cm)
Reach 70.0 in (178 cm)[1]

Conor Mcgregor
Height 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)[1]
Reach 74.0 in (188 cm)[2]

two ft height and 4 ft reach advantage for Mcgregor. The way Connor fights will increase his reach advantage further.

Here is a video breaking down some of Connor's techniques. I am already 30 units on Conor and will put whatever else I have available come fightnight on Mcgregor. B-)

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion
07/05/2015 3:47 pm  

[quote quote=15140]two ft height and 4 ft reach advantage for Mcgregor.[/quote]

Damn right he's the Jolly Green Giant.

With a 5000 mile reach advantage 😉

ReplyQuote
Hugo
 Hugo
(@hugocrm)
Welterweight Champion
07/05/2015 4:17 pm  

With all respect, but this video means absolutely nothing... Aldo by decison 50x44...

ReplyQuote
Iamcloud
(@iamcloud)
Flyweight Champion
07/05/2015 5:55 pm  

[quote quote=15149]With all respect, but this video means absolutely nothing… Aldo by decison 50×44…[/quote]

Solid arguments bro 😛

Have a video. This dude has accurate breakdowns :good:

ReplyQuote
MMA Dog
(@thehbfgroup)
Flyweight Champion
07/05/2015 5:56 pm  

@allsopp

Will connor being a southpaw affect Aldo's leg kicks? Whether it be good or bad. From my understanding, Aldo swing the leg kick with his right leg. Usually striking the left leg of an orthodox fighter? Am I right? or does he strike both lead legs equally as effectively?

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
07/05/2015 8:07 pm  

Haha when did i say he was guna lay there and roll over? Please dont put words in my mouth man I said if it's a somewhat close decision conors most likely getting the W because he's a wayyyy bigger draw then aldo (or anyone for that matter) and we have seen guys like that get the controversial nod in the past..I dont think anyone wil disagree with that..nor do i think dana will call him and tell him to take a dive haha smh? I like aldo he's a good guy and a great champion but like i said there's just too much unknown about mccregor who is more than an inch taller and has a 3-4 inch reach adv .. a lot of people didnt have any clue about the holloway/cub and machida/luke fight.. hardly anyone saw both those guys dominating but they did(and what about aldos training partner who got obliterated by dillashaw) ..now will that happen to aldo? probably not but why risk a quarter of your bankroll on a coin toss unless you are betting as a fan ?

ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 43
Share: