Clear all

UFC 189 Betting - Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor  

Page 15 / 43
  RSS

Disil
(@disil)
Black Belt
07/05/2015 8:28 pm  

Imo, one of the biggest reasons for McGregor's success is the mindgames. Almost all of his opponents entered the cage defeated already. This will not work on Aldo. We have seen how he deals with Conor's antics, from unfazed to mildly annoyed, nothing indicates fear or doubt. Maybe some rage when he stole the belt but that'll only help Aldo train harder.

I expect Aldo to have lacked motivation for some of his past training camps but that won't be the case here. I do see the physical advantages of Conor, but I don't think they'll be enough. Is it possible he rocks Aldo and wins? Sure. But the most likely outcome is a decision win by Aldo. Imo.

ReplyQuote
JIBBBY
(@jibbby)
Black Belt
07/05/2015 8:54 pm  

[quote quote=15138]@Jibby undisputed?? how is jose aldo “a bit” longer? He’s 3 inches shorter and has a 4 inch reach disadvantage .. and no home court advantage ?? !!! Aldo doesn’t make shit because like dana says no1 wants to buy his ppvs, if this goes to decision and it’s not a dominating performance from aldo, connor takes it no doubt, the ufc would love for him to be champ [/quote]

The height exaggeration in some of your guys posts need to be checked.. This is what the real difference is in the link below.. 1" inch taller in height, and 3" in reach... Not huge difference come fight time..

http://cagerank.com/HR5K.G1RM/Conor-McGregor-vs-Jose-Aldo

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
07/05/2015 9:07 pm  

is this where people go to get predictions? I have made a point to never go on this site it's sooo misleading i make my predictions off of my own assessment by looking at film and knowing the game ..most everything is speculative in mma people improve at such a rapid pace this isn't basketball where there is many games in a season .. here let me explain why people should do the same and only listen to allsop if you dont know whatsup … http://cagerank.com/G0bq.G1RM/Jon-Jones-vs-Jose-Aldo lol so jones only has a 60 percent chance of beating aldo? oh and heres another http://cagerank.com/G2FH.G0pw/Luke-Rockhold-vs-Lyoto-Machida machida third rd ko? he was on another planet by the end of rd 1

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
07/05/2015 9:24 pm  

Ya I agree he's guna be training his ass off as opposed to maybe the frankie fight and a few others but like conor said he's got kids now and he's balding his body isn't in it's prime where conors is.. the mind games have to play some effect no1 has ever stood up to or talked this much crap to aldo and I'm sure there will be a lot more irish fans than brazilian.. now i dont wana sit here and be one of those guys who are on both sides so ya Ima lay down 3 units on connor IF he gets back to being the underdog right now he's even on bovada and i can't mess round with that

ReplyQuote
Iamcloud
(@iamcloud)
Flyweight Champion
07/05/2015 9:38 pm  

[quote quote=11761]

<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title">thiagop84 wrote:</div>
Thank`s so much guys.

Keep betting on mcgregor please.

i dont wanna make an earlier bet on Aldo, because im just with $300 on bet365

and now the dollar is R$3,25 .

Hopping get this odds on the fight week

I just can´t see mcgregor beating Aldo

Yes I think its smart to wait, I think by fight week Mcgregor will be the betting favorite.
[/quote]

As I predicted two months ago Conor will be the betting favorite by fight week. Hopefully whole brazil will bet on Aldo so the odds jump up a bit during fight week so I can dump my entire roll on Mcgregor!

ReplyQuote
Hugo
 Hugo
(@hugocrm)
Welterweight Champion
07/05/2015 9:48 pm  

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
07/05/2015 9:58 pm  

THIS IS CRAZYYYY there will be very happy/sad people that night I already bet 200 pushups with my friend that conor will win haha pushups is the most I want to bet on this fight but good call @Iamcloud Ill probably put some dinero on conor today then I dont think lawler is a bad bet either I can't believe the canadian psycho is 2 to 1

ReplyQuote
Hugo
 Hugo
(@hugocrm)
Welterweight Champion
07/05/2015 10:44 pm  

The people, that think that fight will be a savage striking, are wrong... I have 100% of confidence that Aldo will bring a great strategy for this fight.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
07/05/2015 11:13 pm  

[quote quote=15156]@allsopp

Will connor being a southpaw affect Aldo’s leg kicks? Whether it be good or bad. From my understanding, Aldo swing the leg kick with his right leg. Usually striking the left leg of an orthodox fighter? Am I right? or does he strike both lead legs equally as effectively?
[/quote]

Here you can see what it will look like when McGregor fights Aldo. Holloway is an Orthodox stanced fighter...

Southpaw's tend to have an advantage against Orthodox stanced fighters because Orthodox stanced fighters don't tend to be as comfortable fighting Southpaw's. This is largely because only around 30% of UFC fighters fight out of the Southpaw stance, which means it's harder to find good Southpaws to train with and Orthodox stanced guys don't get a lot of in cage experience against guys who fight out of the Southpaw stance.

Aldo has competed in 15 fights under the Zuffa banner. Within those 15 fights, he's only ever fought against 2 Southpaws... Jonathan Brookins and Kenny Florian. These fights took place over 4 years ago, so it's difficult to gauge how comfortable Aldo will be performing against a highly technical Southpaw such as McGregor. Interestingly though...

Aldo didn't finish Brookins until the 3rd round of their fight, during a period in the WEC when he was wrecking people with devasting 1st round finishes. It's also worth noting that he went the distance with Kenny Florian in a period where he had finished 7 out of his previous 9 fights inside the distance.

I'm really not at all sure how this fight will play out...

Aldo is a world class grappler and has superb MMA wrestling. If he fights smart and chooses to grapple, he can dominate McGregor for 5 rounds. This fight won't even be close.

Problem is...

We know that Aldo doesn't always fight smart. He decided to put himself at risk and go to war with Mendes and I feel there's a good chance he could do the same against McGregor. If that happens, McGregor has a legit chance of winning.

I'm finding it difficult to bet on this fight because there are too many unknowns right now. I think McGregor is in exactly the same position as fighters like Chris Weidman and Ronda Rousey before they won their titles. Just like those guys, he has absolutely wrecked everyone he's fought in the UFC and he's shown no signs of slowing down. The skill gap between him and each his opponents has been considerable. We literally have no idea how good he really is. For all we know, he could be another Ronda Rousey or Jon Jones.

For me there are too many unanswered questions.

I really like both these guys. If I had to bet, I'd go with Aldo, because we have more information available to us on how he will cope against elite opponents, but I honestly think that this fight could go either way.

I dunno how people can feel confident betting on either guy. I wish I could see what they are seeing. I have no idea how this fight is going to play out...

ReplyQuote
Iamcloud
(@iamcloud)
Flyweight Champion
07/05/2015 11:49 pm  

@Allsopp

Every recent video posted shows Aldo training his boxing. I doubt he will be shooting for takedowns.

About the Holloway fight, Mcgregor showed his wrestling and takedowns. Every fight we see glimpses of Mcgregors grappling and so far it has looked supperb. Considering who he trains grappling with I expect nothing less.

Factoring how evolved Mcgregors standup is and combining with the fact that he is getting better every camp. I really don't see Aldo winning this fight. He has too many disadvantages.. Mental warfare, reach, height, movement, southpaw. 1300 brazilians vs 3000+ Irish + Europeans+most Americans that are going to support Connor. We can arguably say he has homefield advantage.

That belt is coming to europe B-)

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
08/05/2015 12:02 am  

[quote quote=15172]@Allsopp

Every recent video posted shows Aldo training his boxing. I doubt he will be shooting for takedowns.

About the Holloway fight, Mcgregor showed his wrestling and takedowns. Every fight we see glimpses of Mcgregors grappling and so far it has looked supperb. Considering who he trains grappling with I expect nothing less.

Factoring how evolved Mcgregors standup is and combining with the fact that he is getting better every camp. I really don’t see Aldo winning this fight. He has too many disadvantages.. Mental warfare, reach, height, movement, southpaw. 1300 brazilians vs 3000+ Irish + Europeans+most Americans that are going to support Connor. We can arguably say he has homefield advantage.

That belt is coming to europe B-)

[/quote]

I hope you're right mate. A European UFC Champion would be huge for the sport. Especially if it was a guy as charismatic as Conor McGregor.

ReplyQuote
soppie
(@soppie)
Flyweight Champion Customer
08/05/2015 10:22 am  

Isn't Korean Zombie a southpaw? Aldo broke his foot in that fight kicking him.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
23/05/2015 6:05 am  

The more I listen to Conor, the more I believe he will beat Jose Aldo.

Confidence and belief are very powerful weapons...

ReplyQuote
Ulysses
(@ulysses1554)
Blue Belt
23/05/2015 6:32 am  

What I can't get past though is Aldo has world class soccer leg kicks going for him. Siver was able to strike McGregor with kicks, even if just barely, but think Faber vs Aldo. Where will McGregors movement and knockdown ability be once a few of Aldos land?

ReplyQuote
soppie
(@soppie)
Flyweight Champion Customer
23/05/2015 9:55 am  

We all saw what happened to Siver after he landed those kicks though. Conor knows he has to check Aldo's kicks or it's going to be a long night. He will check those kicks all night long!

ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 43
Share: