Notifications
Clear all

UFC 195 Betting - Robbie Lawler vs Carlos Condit

Page 4 / 7

doolb
(@doolb)
Black Belt

[quote quote=23906]
Been forwards and backwards a good bit on Poirier vs Duffy. Still think Duffy might cause him a few problems but beginning to favour Dustin at this stage. Anyone see value in him at current odds (2.5)?

Thanks.
[/quote]

Quite a few people are high on dustin, personally i'm going with Duffy.
Poirier is still around @2.90 on some books

ReplyQuote
FreddieUFC
(@freddieufc)
Blue Belt

Thanks, doolb, I'd definitely be tempted to bet on Poirier @2.90. Unfortunately my online accounts are all currently either suspended or severely restricted so I'm back to traipsing in and out of actual betting shops these days. Best I can find in-store is @2.50 in PaddyPower I'm afraid.

Agree with you that this is far from a clearcut victory for Dustin. Duffy has one or two very decent weapons in his armoury, although Dustin won't have to deal with any kind of trash-talking or 'flimflam' shenanigans like he did against Conor.

Whoever wins, should be a great fight!

ReplyQuote
Puczi
(@puczi)
Flyweight Champion Customer

U can get Poirier @2.70 at unibet, or @2.65 at pinnacle.

ReplyQuote
Nordic
(@nordicflight)
Flyweight Champion

BetMotion has Dustin @ 2,85

Also has Tony Sims 2,1 (for a nice arbitrage opportunity if you want to cash out their bonus ;))

ReplyQuote
War
 War
(@war)
Flyweight Champion

Poirier looking good

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
Kane
 Kane
(@kane)
Blue Belt

I am surprised Poirier is not favourite or least less of an underdog than when the fight was first scheduled. It can take anywhere from 1 week to several months to recover from a concussion and the loss of confidence that can occompany the physical effects is also a factor. One of the earlier articles looking at mild concussion recovery time published in the late 80s concluded that a significant number of patients were not back to their baseline reaction time after 3 months.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3380274/

The fact that Poirier is probably the more skilled fighter and has faced better competition overall combined with Duffys recent injury would suggest that Dustin is a great pick.

ReplyQuote
FreddieUFC
(@freddieufc)
Blue Belt

Thanks Puczi & Nordicflight, pulled the trigger on Poirier today. Fingers crossed we all make nice profit on this card.

ReplyQuote
DivMuzza
(@divmuzza)
Flyweight Champion

My Irish brothers coming out the woodwork here. How do the Irish feel about Joe Duffy with him being born and raised in Wales?

ReplyQuote
MMA Dog
(@thehbfgroup)
Flyweight Champion

ahh great question divmuzza.

While in Vegas I spoke to several authentic irish men and I asked them that very same question.

He said although its odd that he would call himself Irish Joe even though he's from Whales. The fact that he's from whales and Welsh are friendly with the Irish there really isn't an issue and they will support him. It would be different if he was British.

ReplyQuote
MMA Dog
(@thehbfgroup)
Flyweight Champion

Another interesting tidbit.

He said that Conor is a true show person. He notices a drastic change in Conor's accent when he speaks. He says Conor speaks English a lot more slowly than he typically does. And pronounces thing differently than in the past. He says its because he knows he needs the American public to understand him very clearly in order to be successful.

According to him Conor used to speak a lot more differently and with a more true irish accident years ago.

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion

Dustin ain't going out to this dude.

What thinks ye about Trujillo?

I think he gets the win after the early stoppage vs Tibau.

ReplyQuote
DrewDown425
(@drewdowns425)
Brown Belt

What are yall thoughts on Nina Ansaroff vs Justine Kish?
I put Ansaroff in a parlay and now I'm really regretting it after watching tape on both of them.

ReplyQuote
Kane
 Kane
(@kane)
Blue Belt

I think most Irish would support Joe Duffy and have no issues with his nickname despite his growing up in Wales. He has 'Dún na nGall' tattooed on his back (Donegal in the Irish language) which is the county where he was born in Ireland so he is obviously proud of his background.

ReplyQuote
FreddieUFC
(@freddieufc)
Blue Belt

Agreed, Kane. I don't know anyone who has any kind of problem at all with Joe Duffy (except Conor, of course, but it's pretty obvious that's really down to Duffy beating him).

I'd be rooting for Duffy if I hadn't money down on the result!

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 7
Share: