Clear all

UFC 202 Betting Diaz vs McGregor  

Page 4 / 6
  RSS

Gordon Hill
(@aribahrami)
Blue Belt
16/08/2016 7:24 pm  

You're right. He was KO'd in TUF a while back but never in the UFC. Magny has improved drastically since TUF. There's a reason why he's won the last 10/11 fights. His last fight vs Lombard I was sure he would get KO'd but he took everything Lombard had and still finished him off and for me, Lombard would eat Larkin as a snack.

Magny does worry me slightly when he leans against the cage as he slips to his side to avoid punches which can open him to a potential heavy head kick... But despite that risk, Magny should, over 15 mins take this fight to the ground and dominate him once on the ground.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
17/08/2016 12:54 am  

ReplyQuote
nikitagraves
(@nikitagraves)
Brown Belt
17/08/2016 8:32 am  

[quote quote=30141]You’re right. He was KO’d in TUF a while back but never in the UFC. Magny has improved drastically since TUF. There’s a reason why he’s won the last 10/11 fights. His last fight vs Lombard I was sure he would get KO’d but he took everything Lombard had and still finished him off and for me, Lombard would eat Larkin as a snack.

Magny does worry me slightly when he leans against the cage as he slips to his side to avoid punches which can open him to a potential heavy head kick… But despite that risk, Magny should, over 15 mins take this fight to the ground and dominate him once on the ground.

[/quote]

I'm totally on the Magny train in this fight.

Just take a peak at the striking stats:
stats

magny has the best ratio out of the entire CARD this weekend.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
17/08/2016 11:53 am  

[quote quote=30143]

You’re right. He was KO’d in TUF a while back but never in the UFC. Magny has improved drastically since TUF. There’s a reason why he’s won the last 10/11 fights. His last fight vs Lombard I was sure he would get KO’d but he took everything Lombard had and still finished him off and for me, Lombard would eat Larkin as a snack.

Magny does worry me slightly when he leans against the cage as he slips to his side to avoid punches which can open him to a potential heavy head kick… But despite that risk, Magny should, over 15 mins take this fight to the ground and dominate him once on the ground.

I’m totally on the Magny train in this fight.

Just take a peak at the striking stats:
stats

magny has the best ratio out of the entire CARD this weekend.

[/quote]

This is the reason why statistics can be dangerous mate. They can be interpreted in different ways...

On the surface those statistics may appear to be impressive, but do you think he would have been able to maintain a high output against guys like Albert Tumenov, Jorge Masvidal and Santiago Ponzinibbio?

Magny's output is artificially inflated by the fact that he has been fighting guys with poor cardio. This has enabled him to land a very high volume of strikes when his opponent's were too tired to defend themselves.

Magny's last 9 opponents have all shown bad cardio throughout their careers. I can't remember the last time Magny fought someone like Larkin who will be able to keep a fight competitive for 15 minutes. Manny has been fighting guys like Lombard, Alex Garcia, Gastelum, Macario, Erick Silva, Kunimoto and Hyun Gyu Lim.

Meanwhile Larkin has been fighting monsters like Derek Brunson, Santiago Ponzinibbio, Jorge Masvidal and Albert Tumenov. None of those guys ever get tired or slow down.

We see this kind of thing happen all the time in MMA. You can't take statistics at face value unless all conditions are equal. If you read between the lines there are reasons why Magny has a much higher output than almost anyone else on the card.

ReplyQuote
spaz0
(@spaz0)
Blue Belt
17/08/2016 1:53 pm  

Good post in the statistics and good response Allsop.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
17/08/2016 8:10 pm  

ReplyQuote
JohnnySins
(@bookiekilla)
Flyweight Champion

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
18/08/2016 12:33 am  

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
18/08/2016 12:33 am  

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
18/08/2016 9:47 pm  

ReplyQuote
koenkokes
(@koenkokes)
Blue Belt
19/08/2016 11:49 am  

ReplyQuote
Nordic
(@nordicflight)
Flyweight Champion
19/08/2016 3:36 pm  

I really questioned the decision to book this rematch when it was announced. Now I think it was a brilliant move. Im excited to see it.

So many things to factor in to how this one goes. For me, I´m staying away from pre-fight betting, but I can see cases being made for both sides.

I´m leaning Nate, but I also see clear paths to victory for Conor. But one thing I find very interesting is how much Nate seems to be in Conors head. It looks to me like Conor is not in a very good place mentally atm.

UFC 200 knocked me down, but I´m getting back up for this one 😉

ReplyQuote
Hugo
 Hugo
(@hugocrm)
Welterweight Champion
19/08/2016 5:19 pm  

Hey brothers!! I'm still here !!
Aldo beat Edgar ?
I already knew mothers fuckers !! Hahaha

My bets :
Avilla