doolb
(@doolb)
Black Belt

ReplyQuote
Puczi
(@puczi)
Flyweight Champion Customer

[quote quote=30813]@Puczi

What’s your analysis of the Johnson / Nurmagomedov fight?

[/quote]

Khabib is surely talented, but he's one dimensional. Over the last 2.5 years he only fought once (back then Cain, Jones, Weidman, Hendricks, Pettis, Aldo & Barao were invincible - just to say how mma changes in that amount of time, also remember about USADA) and looked really bad against newcomer. I see a big striking advantage for MJ, while Michael got very good takedown defence - the last person, who put him on his back is Reza Madadi 3.5 years ago. Since that time he fought Tibau and Beneil. Surely Nurmagomedov is the best wrestler he ever faces, but tdd of Michael is outstanding. Both guys have questionable cardio, but i think Nurma will get tired quicker, especially if he fails to land takedowns. IF. Which i believe, will happen. I'm like 60-40 on that fight, slightly favouring Johnson, so i think the odds are outstanding.

ReplyQuote
MMAboxingJUNKIE26
(@mmafan26)
Black Belt Customer

[quote quote=30819]

@Puczi

What’s your analysis of the Johnson / Nurmagomedov fight?

Khabib is surely talented, but he’s one dimensional. Over the last 2.5 years he only fought once (back then Cain, Jones, Weidman, Hendricks, Pettis, Aldo & Barao were invincible – just to say how mma changes in that amount of time, also remember about USADA) and looked really bad against newcomer. I see a big striking advantage for MJ, while Michael got very good takedown defence – the last person, who put him on his back is Reza Madadi 3.5 years ago. Since that time he fought Tibau and Beneil. Surely Nurmagomedov is the best wrestler he ever faces, but tdd of Michael is outstanding. Both guys have questionable cardio, but i think Nurma will get tired quicker, especially if he fails to land takedowns. IF. Which i believe, will happen. I’m like 60-40 on that fight, slightly favouring Johnson, so i think the odds are outstanding.

[/quote]

ur analysis is on point man! Been thinking the same thing about how this fight might play out. MJ got good distance control. He usually stays out of range and just darts in whenever he wants to throw his combination. And from my own analysis/observation it's really hard to tell when he's gonna dart in plus u factor in his speed which makes it even harder to shoot for reactive takedowns while conventional takedowns wouldn't work coz he's always far out. He would be able to see ur takedowns from a mile away and gives him enough time to react and stuff it. :mail:

ReplyQuote
Johnny
(@bookiekilla)
Flyweight Champion

Thanks for your analysis
@Puczi and @mmaboxingjunkie26

ReplyQuote
briggsman
(@briggsman)
Purple Belt

I'm on Conor here. Easy money

ReplyQuote
Iamcloud
(@iamcloud)
Flyweight Champion

Anyone still doubting Mcgregor. Wake up guys, he is the real deal..

He will KO Eddie an make it look easy. His takedown defense will be on point. :good:

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion

Cloud, I'm a huge McG supporter but I'm favoring Eddie here so far.

McG TDD wasn't really great against Nate who has crap takedowns.. and if u listen to Eddie he pretty clearly raises his game when he's under the gun. He sure showed that vs RDA

It'll come down to the weigh in for me on this one though

ReplyQuote
Soppie
(@soppie)

Nate only got 1 takedown after trying soo hard and Conor took him down before that if I'm not mistaken.

ReplyQuote
Jesse
(@jesse)
Welterweight Champion

Use the mendes fight to analyze takedowns not the Nate fight

ReplyQuote
Soppie
(@soppie)

Conor blew out his knee prior and still got the TKO. Quite frankly those Mendez takedowns don't mean shit. I could become a NCAA D1 if I was verse a guy with shot knees. (obviously I'm exaggerating about becoming a D1)

If Conor has showed us anything is that he is always trying to improve whether it be his cardio, diet, etc.

- Alvarez vs Pettis was nothing impressive. He wrestled for R1 then gassed R2 and got lid up.

- Alvarez vs RDA he did jack shit until he swung for dear life even when he had RDA hurt he was flopping around like a dolphin trying to walk on land.

Can Alvarez take Conor down? Sure he took Gilbert and Pettis to the mat but Alvarez won't eat those punches as well as Nate did. This fight will be a who gets hit clean first because Eddie has power and knocking out Conor isn't going to be out of the realm of possibility due to Conor willing to stay in the pocket and eat shots.

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion

I think that makes sense but Eddie says he fights better when he's scared, and he sure will be

And all that time Conor spent fighting for underhooks on the cage with Nate..a good wrestler I think grounds him every time.

But I hope Conor wins.

ReplyQuote
Soppie
(@soppie)

Absolutely this is MMA, even good wrestlers get taken down ie. Gus taking down DC. We all know Eddie wants to impose his wrestling game but I see him eating uppercuts and bodykicks (watching Alvarez vs Pettis as I am typing this) also if Pettis had a better boxing game he would've won that fight.

Alvarez loves to eat bodyshots and legkicks does nothing to counter/parry them at all.

ReplyQuote
Iamcloud
(@iamcloud)
Flyweight Champion

Eddie looked like shit vs declining and post USADA Pettis and Gilbert. Two split decisions laters everyone is judging Eddies skills by a one punch he landed on poor RDA who had broken jaw in the past.

Your right the takedowns will play a role but like Conor said.. He will be shooting for his life and Conor is prepared for it. The distance and reach will play a big factor in this fight. Eddie is no Nate. Nate has the reach but he is slower and not explosive at all.

Conor has the reach, power, explosivity, timing and accuracy. Its just not fair..

This will be a walk in the park for Connor.

ReplyQuote
Jesse
(@jesse)
Welterweight Champion

i honestly dont think conors knee had shit to do with mendes taking him down at all. its conors knee vs mendes, conors knee vs holloway. I dont think people realize what a gap there is in the wrestling between conor and eddie, if conor doesnt ko him, hes got problems

ReplyQuote
Schatzdog
(@schatzdog)
Brown Belt

Frankie v Stephens is 1.61 to go the distance. I think that is value.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5
Share: