Clear all

UFC 207 Betting - Nunes vs Rousey  

Page 3 / 5
  RSS

chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion
27/12/2016 5:32 pm  

[quote quote=31607]but I can’t see the ladies’ gameplan focusing on the long game.[/quote]

Why wouldn't Ronda come in having learned from chasing Holly and also try to make Nunes gas?

ReplyQuote
LeroyPeterson
(@leroypeterson)
Black Belt
28/12/2016 12:18 am  

[quote quote=31633]Why wouldn’t Ronda come in having learned from chasing Holly and also try to make Nunes gas?[/quote]

How do you make Nunes gas? keep your distance so she keeps throwing strikes? Tate tried to do that (yeah completely different fight, but safe distance seemed like Tate's strategy).
If Nunes avoids or denies most of the clinch attempts, like Holm did, its less for Rousey to work on (yes, Holm fight isnt really all that relevant because Rousey will probably be bringing her A-game this weekend).
If trying to gas her on the ground, Nunes TKD may work Rousey harder trying to get her down.

This article goes through some good information and comparisons: http://fightland.vice.com/blog/rousey-versus-nunes-a-strange-kind-of-mirror?utm_source=fightlandtwitterus

Rousey doesn't seem like the McGregor-type, to be beaten, obsess, train and redeem. Nunes definitely seems like the kind to learn her opponent and develop a better game plan.

Again, its just me thinking out loud. It will be an interesting fight, thats for sure.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
28/12/2016 2:20 pm  

[quote quote=31634]

Rousey doesn’t seem like the McGregor-type, to be beaten, obsess, train and redeem.

[/quote]

Comeon man. She won a medal at the Olympics. I think she knows a thing or two about bouncing back from adversity.

ReplyQuote
the german one
(@piledriver)
Brown Belt
28/12/2016 10:24 pm  

Ronda talks a lot about retirement. Don't read between the lines too hard. But it's a red flag when a fighter starts talking about retirement.

ReplyQuote
LeroyPeterson
(@leroypeterson)
Black Belt
28/12/2016 10:25 pm  

[quote quote=31636]Comeon man. She won a medal at the Olympics. I think she knows a thing or two about bouncing back from adversity. [/quote]
The kind of person that contemplates suicide after their first professional fight loss?
That headline might be a bit staged for the media, but its not something to take lightly.

ReplyQuote
nikitagraves
(@nikitagraves)
Brown Belt
28/12/2016 11:24 pm  

people should be more understanding of rousey. The fame was thrust upon her like no other in mma history, she didn't ask for it like conor asks for it. So much was riding on her and her loss was epic and people piled on her. I dont blame her for running from the media, they dont care about her, they care about using her to generate money. Theres nothing in it for her, avoiding the spotlight was the right thing to do, now she will come back on fire and ready to dominate again.

ReplyQuote
doolb
(@doolb)
Black Belt

ReplyQuote
LeroyPeterson
(@leroypeterson)
Black Belt
29/12/2016 12:51 am  

[quote quote=31641]people should be more understanding of rousey. The fame was thrust upon her like no other in mma history, she didn’t ask for it like conor asks for it. So much was riding on her and her loss was epic and people piled on her. I dont blame her for running from the media, they dont care about her, they care about using her to generate money. Theres nothing in it for her, avoiding the spotlight was the right thing to do, now she will come back on fire and ready to dominate again.[/quote]

everyone seems to agree getting out of the spotlight was the right thing to do, but the pressure is going to be massive once she gets to the stadium.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
29/12/2016 3:23 am  

ReplyQuote
doolb
(@doolb)
Black Belt
29/12/2016 4:31 am  

ReplyQuote
Sea Level Cain (LawK)
(@lawk)
Blue Belt
29/12/2016 8:12 am  

Man Johny was about to fall over and was slurring from the weight cut in that video. Sucks to be too heavy for 170 but too short for 185. Watching Johny Hendricks back in the day is what got me into MMA, I would only order PPV that he was on for the longest time. It's crazy to see him at this point now.

ReplyQuote
Sea Level Cain (LawK)
(@lawk)
Blue Belt
29/12/2016 8:14 am  

[quote quote=31607]Just thinking out loud: Cruz’s style, the way he keeps distance and covers a lot of ground with his strikes, makes me think he’ll have an upper-hand against Cody’s close-quarters power. I haven’t looked too much into groundwork, but I think Cruz is potentially superior there too.

I jumped 1u on Nunes @2.38 ages ago, I’ll hold onto it unless she turns favourite and I can cash out for notable profit.
also got 1u @1.15 for fight to end round1,2,3. It could very well turn into a grindfest and drag out, but I can’t see the ladies’ gameplan focusing on the long game.

[/quote]

What bookie do you use?

ReplyQuote
LeroyPeterson
(@leroypeterson)
Black Belt
29/12/2016 9:09 am  

[quote quote=31654]What bookie do you use?[/quote]
Sportsbet.
Looking to make the switch to an overseas, online live betting booking next year.

ReplyQuote
doolb
(@doolb)
Black Belt
29/12/2016 4:16 pm  

ReplyQuote
doolb
(@doolb)
Black Belt
29/12/2016 6:43 pm  

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5