UFC 211 Betting - Dos Santos vs Miocic

Page 1 / 2

Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

UFC 211 Betting OddsUFC 211 Betting Odds

UFC 211 Betting Tips, Picks and Predictions for Miocic vs Dos Santos

I think this is a good fight for Miocic but I'm not crazy about his opening odds. Hopefully they improve closer to the time of the fight.

I think Miocic has improved a hell of a lot since their first fight, whilst Dos Santos has declined. I also think Miocic was winning their first fight up until the third round when he started to get tired.

What do you think?

Puczi
(@puczi)
Member Customer

Dos Santos with injured knee, who was training with Nogueiras was good enough to beat Stipe.

Now he's training in the best camp - ATT, and showed huge improvement in recent fight. His footwork has better than ever, he was faster, and his kicks were great. He's not as muscular, as he used to be, but that might be better for his cardio.

If Brasilian is in the same shape, he was against Rothwell (he's coming off injury again...), then he is a nightmare for Stipe. How can Miocic beat him? Junior is better boxer, with probably better cardio and epic tdd, which it too good for Miocic to take him down. I think Stipe needs KO here, but Junior's chin is legendary.

I expected 1.70 - 2.20 odds, because Miocic is the champion and he beat Reem, who defeated Junior... I would have bet JDS even at pick'em odds. I think bookies are horribly wrong in this one. I believe this could go either way, but i slightly favour Junior.

Yes, I love dos Santos.
Yes, I am biased.
No, that doesn't affect my opinion about that fight.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

There's some decent value on this card. I am surprised by the odds!

ReplyQuote
nuntsu
(@nuntsu)
White Belt

better boxer yes,probably better cardio dont think so!i think junior will give problems the firsts 2 rounds after that miocic will take over!the way to beat junior is simple put pressure like velasquez did! he even quit in the end!miocic by stoppage 4round.

ReplyQuote
Puczi
(@puczi)
Member Customer

Saying putting the pressure like Velasquez simply discredits your opinion.
Saying Junior quits forces facepalms.

Nobody got bigger heart than dos Santos. You can never question heart of guys like dos Santos, Edgar or Shogun. They got the biggest hearts in the sport. JDS took biggest beatings in UFC history and never quit. He even wants 4th fight with Cain.

Stipe is not Velasquez, who was a kryptonite to Junior. He's not even close to putting the Cain's pressure. Styles make fight and JDS is the only person, who nullifies Stipe's advantages, by possesing better boxing technique and outstanding takedown defence.

Miocic slowed down significantly after 2 rounds in their 1st fight, because dos Santos landed several body shots - he always does that. The champion got great cardio, but Brasilian's punches will drain it.

The odds are good now, because fight is very close on the paper and it's impossible to favour somebody by big margin. They can knock each other out and the rounds will probably be close. Personally I believe Junior is the better guy, so i took him at 2.71 with pleasure.

Junior 60-40 Stipe

Also I believe Masvidal got all the tools to stop Maia. Demian's wins are impressive, but Condit is the only top guy he beat recently. Carlos got negative tdd, Masvidal got great.

If they stay on the feet, Maia will be vulnerable to knockout at any moment. If they fight on the ground - Jorge probably has skills to survive the storm and try his chances in the next round. He should also have significant cardio and psychological advantage. I bet Jorge at 2.75

Masvidal 65-35 Maia

ReplyQuote
Puczi
(@puczi)
Member Customer

Saying "putting the pressure like Velasquez IS SIMPLE*" discredits your opinion.

I didn't mean to offend you man, just you're saying quite strange things and it's not always easy to translate my thoughts. Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Schatzdog
(@schatzdog)
Brown Belt

The over on the JDS-Miocic fight is major value. They have it at 1.5 rounds for 1.50. I think that is mega value.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

[quote quote=33028]The over on the JDS-Miocic fight is major value. They have it at 1.5 rounds for 1.50. I think that is mega value.

[/quote]

I like the over in this fight and also in Cejudo vs Sergio. Parlay at about even odds. Woodsy official pick.

P.s.: oh, looks like im called fishyfish again. Well thats a blast from the past.

ReplyQuote
Johnny
(@bookiekilla)
Flyweight Champion

ReplyQuote
LeroyPeterson
(@leroypeterson)
Black Belt

Stipe vs JDS discussion.

Summary: they think JDS has taken more beatings and more damage over the years, and that it will catch up to him. Also think Stipe is the more athletic.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

[quote quote=33235]Stipe vs JDS discussion.

Summary: they think JDS has taken more beatings and more damage over the years, and that it will catch up to him. Also think Stipe is the more athletic.

[/quote]

This is also pretty much how I feel about the fight.

I feel like JDS and Miocic are both great, but their first fight was extremely close and they've both moved in opposite directions since then. I think Miocic gets it done this time.

ReplyQuote
LeroyPeterson
(@leroypeterson)
Black Belt

Miocic vs Dos Santos - over1.5rds, 2u @1.55
Andrade to def Joanna - 1u @2.47
Masvidal to def Maia - 2u @1.80
Knight to def Skelly - 2u @1.80

MMA Pick'em:
Benitez, Poberezhets, Quinone, Aguilar, Vick, Jotko, Alvarez, Cejudo, Edgar, Masvidal, Andrade, Miocic.

ReplyQuote
Johnny
(@bookiekilla)
Flyweight Champion

[quote quote=33292]Miocic vs Dos Santos – over1.5rds, 2u @1.55
Andrade to def Joanna – 1u @2.47
Masvidal to def Maia – 2u @1.80
Knight to def Skelly – 2u @1.80

MMA Pick’em:
Benitez, Poberezhets, Quinone, Aguilar, Vick, Jotko, Alvarez, Cejudo, Edgar, Masvidal, Andrade, Miocic.

[/quote]

Looks like winners, Leroy. GL man

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion

Yair will seize this opportunity and beat Frankie.

You want to talk about a guy that's gonna have the damage catch up to him? Edgar sounds punch drunk these days man. He took more damage at 205, and won't be so eager to here.

Yair will fight smart and not throw crazy shit that gets him taken down.. this will look more like Bendo-Edgar only Frankie has lost a tiny bit of speed and Yair is improving.

Viva Mexico!

Happy Cinco to u all.

ReplyQuote
OGBRIEST
(@ogbriest)
Purple Belt

Joanna Jedrejczyk (13-0) over Jessica Andrade (16-5): Joanna might possibly be the toughest out in WMMA. Nobody has shown more heart or fight in WMMA and this attribute makes her my favorite female fighter. From her epic mean mugs at the face-offs to her relentless pace perfectly suited for championship competition. Few women get stronger as the fight goes on but JJ’s cardio is top shelf scotch nice and it allows her to maintain a pace few female fighters are prepared to keep, she also breaks her opponents mentally before the fight begins as she is very experienced and aware of the stakes and obligations required for championship prize-fighting. She is an elite Muy-Thai striker who will not accept being on her back. This will be JJ’s 2nd fight under American Top Team tutelage, where her TD defense can only be improving. I love JJ in this spot. She has already passed a similar and more difficult test vs. Gadelha. Joanna used to be managed by Thiago Alves who currently trains Andrade and the two ladies used to train together. In practice JJ submitted Andrade and KO’d her on more than one occasion, and this was when Andrade was at 135. She has above normal familiarity with her opponent and it has shown in the recent media interviews almost showing a calmness I have recognized in many champions during their prime in the past. Andrade has looked like a streaking prospect since she dropped down to straw weight. But she still has much to prove before she is on the level of JJ. JJ has never been finished and has high fight IQ. Andrade can’t help but to get into wild exchanges where she exerts massive energy. It has proven effective but taxes her cardio too much to successfully employ that strategy over a 5 round fight. Even if she has a game plan to conserve energy the styles of these two women will draw the brawl out of Andrade. Andrade has never made the championship weight. This is her 4th fight at 115lbs each of her previous 3 fights in the division she took advantage of the allowance for non-title fights and has hit the scales at 115.5 each time. Half a pound is no minor thing when you are that size and female. JJ will have a 3” reach and 4” height advantages. Andrade has never been a part of the Co nor the Main Event. JJ is 3-0 in Co-Main Events and 2-0 in Main Events. Andrade only moved down to 115lbs after going 1-2 in her last 3 fights in the 135lb division. She also showed signs of quit in her fight against Reneau where she was hurt on the feet and then finished via triangle choke. This of course being a title fight is a huge advantage for Joanna who is built for the 5 rounds. Andrade was given the fight months ago but declined siting she wasn’t ready yet, and she accepted a fight with a non-contender Angela Hill instead, I’m not too keen on fighters who turn down Title fights regardless of the reasoning, best way to get ready for a title fight is to take one. I can’t see Andrade being able to maintain her bruiser style for 25minutes. Andrade might have some early success but will find herself over exerting on her strikes and fading. She also has very little head movement, at times even just closing her eyes and biting down on her mouthpiece eating shots, and JJ will paint her face with punches. The ease at which Andrade can be hit will show as JJ will feed off her success striking the target. Andrade is naturally strong a lot of times these fighters will rely on that tool and if it doesn’t work they begin to doubt themselves quickly. JJ has never been finished while her opponent has been finished 4x. Andrade has been vulnerable to cuts on her face suffering cuts early in her last two fights and a broken nose in her fight against Reneau. I bring this to light due to the fact JJ has razor blade elbows and her sheer accuracy with strikes leads to cuts and continued damage to said cuts and Andrade can’t seem to avoid in fight injuries. Concerns: Andrade is strong as fuck her back muscles and thighs are beast. Andrade has an aggressive style cutting her opponent off till she has their back against the cage and unloads a wild volume of left and right hooks. She also strikes the body very well, a strong skill for 5-round fights. JJ has shown vulnerability against grapplers. Andrade has a crowd pleasing style and is 2-0 in front of Texas crowds. Facts: Andrade is 25yrs old while JJ is 29yrs old. Andrade last fight was 88days ago 3R UDEC W over Angela Hill. JJ last fought 172days ago 5R UDEC W over Karolina Kowalkiewicz. If you were to bet $100 on each of these ladies last 5-fights the ROI would be +21.66% on Andrade with an avg. line of -266 and JJ would be +49.33% with an avg. line of -531. Great Value on a JJ fight. The bet is Joanna to win. I lean toward Joanna to win inside the distance and Fight will not go the Distance a bit safer due to the slight possibility of a TKO stoppage for Andrade. I see a very slim chance the fight goes to the judges due to Andrade inexperience and cardio rating along with JJ’s non-stop pressure and toughness but I’m going to stay away from betting it because of the fighter’s familiarity with each other.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: