Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
30/01/2017 12:05 am  

UFC Fight Night 104 BettingUFC Fight Night 104 Betting

UFC Fight Night 104 Betting Tips, Picks and Predictions

UFC Fight Night 104 looks like a really good event for betting.

There is definitely some money to be made on this one!

Anonymous
31/01/2017 3:05 pm  

How do you not pick Anthony Hamilton here? He is fighting against guy who is 6'1" tall and weigh 202 pounds.Anthony is 260 pounds.I have been watching some Marcel Fortunas fights and he is pretty much just jiu-jitsu black belt who is able to submit these lower promotions guys.He is usually gassed after first round and is easilly taken down.Hamilton is wrestler with better stand-up and has faced much better competition than Fortuna and he should win this fight pretty comfortabilly.I cant see way for Fortuna to win this really and I will be betting Anthony Hamilton.

ReplyQuote
mmagod123
(@mmagod123)
White Belt
31/01/2017 4:34 pm  

Im thinking about James Vick here.Last fight be was KOed by Benuil Dariush who is a very good fighter.His opponent Abel Trujilo is almost 34 and is on a downhill in his career.Also Grasso and OSP.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
31/01/2017 9:17 pm  

[quote quote=31972]How do you not pick Anthony Hamilton here? He is fighting against guy who is 6’1″ tall and weigh 202 pounds.Anthony is 260 pounds.I have been watching some Marcel Fortunas fights and he is pretty much just jiu-jitsu black belt who is able to submit these lower promotions guys.He is usually gassed after first round and is easilly taken down.Hamilton is wrestler with better stand-up and has faced much better competition than Fortuna and he should win this fight pretty comfortabilly.I cant see way for Fortuna to win this really and I will be betting Anthony Hamilton.

[/quote]

Hey man,

Welcome to the community. I think you win the prize for having the best username on the website!

What do you know about Fortuna? Have you watched many of his fights?

ReplyQuote
pjj171086
(@pjj171086)
Black Belt
31/01/2017 10:18 pm  

Fortuna was on TUF as a light-heavyweight.

https://www.ufc.tv/video/the-ultimate-fighter-23-free-fight---cory-hendricks-vs-marcel-fortuna

ReplyQuote
BarryMedellin
(@barrymedellin)
Blue Belt
01/02/2017 2:58 pm  

Allsop, yea I'd take Hamilton. I'm also wondering why you passed on Chas Skelly here? Skelly is way more athletic than Gruetz, like that flying kick vs Maximo Blanco and then immediate Darce choke finish. You think Gruetz could do that? No way. And Skelly has faced much tougher competition. He KOed Alers, a fighter that gave Jason Knight a good contest. He's only lost to Bektic and Elkins, 2 top ranked fighters, nothing to be ashamed about. He did get rocked by Ed Souza on the feet. But he then made a comeback and got the submission.

Whereas Gruetz is slow, plodding, dirty boxer, also he' was a whiner on the show. He lost to Lobov, got TKOed. I don't think Gruetz has any advantage, and will find himself on his back against a superior wrestler in Skelly.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
01/02/2017 5:21 pm  

Hey man thank you 😀
yea I been watching some of Fortunas fight.I watched him against Jordan Powell and David Mitchell his fights in Dragon House.And by the way his last fight was June 6. 2015! He submitted Powell with Von Fluke choke and it wasnt that Fortuna was high level but that Powell has no ground game at all.He kept guillotine when Fortuna had side control and that really tell you what kind of grappler Powell is.His decision win against David Mitchell was really slopy,ugly fight both guys were tired and gassed and judges gave it to Fortuna.What really amazes me is that Fortuna is making his debut in heawyweight divison and his last fight (was in Light heawy) he was 202 pounds.Cant understand why.Anywa I think Hamilton is really safe options and good value here 😀
Sorry for some mistakes my english is not perfet

ReplyQuote
LeroyPeterson
(@leroypeterson)
Black Belt
01/02/2017 8:45 pm  

I've bet more outrageously this week. Mainly to make event more interesting.

Khalil Rountree - 1u
Morono v Price over1.5 - 2u
Tecia Torres - 2u
Herrig v Grasso over2.5 - 2u
Hill v Andrande under2.5 - 2u
Chas Skelly - 3u

ReplyQuote
MMAboxingJUNKIE26
(@mmafan26)
Black Belt Customer
02/02/2017 1:00 am  

My bets for this card:

Grasso 4U

Blaydes 3.5U

Skelly 3.5U

Bermudez 3U

Andrade/Hill under2.5rds 2U@2.30

Bermudez,Grasso,Andrade,Blaydes,Skelly parlay 1U

:good: B-)

ReplyQuote
nikitagraves
(@nikitagraves)
Brown Belt
02/02/2017 1:57 am  

This looks like a card full of easy favorites. You could put a flat bet on every fav and end up in profit.

ReplyQuote
mrtauren
(@mrtauren)
Blue Belt
02/02/2017 2:23 am  

Have you gotten the cable up and running yet, Allsopp? Any live tips this weekend?

Always good to have extra excitement on a less hyped up card 😀

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
02/02/2017 7:54 pm  

[quote quote=31991]Allsop, yea I’d take Hamilton. I’m also wondering why you passed on Chas Skelly here? Skelly is way more athletic than Gruetz, like that flying kick vs Maximo Blanco and then immediate Darce choke finish. You think Gruetz could do that? No way. And Skelly has faced much tougher competition. He KOed Alers, a fighter that gave Jason Knight a good contest. He’s only lost to Bektic and Elkins, 2 top ranked fighters, nothing to be ashamed about. He did get rocked by Ed Souza on the feet. But he then made a comeback and got the submission.

Whereas Gruetz is slow, plodding, dirty boxer, also he’ was a whiner on the show. He lost to Lobov, got TKOed. I don’t think Gruetz has any advantage, and will find himself on his back against a superior wrestler in Skelly.

[/quote]

Hey Barry,

I can't recommend betting on Chas Skelly because he has really bad cardio. The current odds on him to win are floating around 1.40 | -250, so I don't think that the risk is worth the reward.

More worryingly... Skelly seems to get really tired when he grapples, which is a big red flag because he is primarily a grappler.

I also don't rate Skelly's stand up at all. He's really sloppy and quite wild.

Chris Gruetzemacher didn't look good on the Ultimate Fighter, but alot of guys struggle to perform to their full potential on the show. Cutting weight multiple times within the space of a few weeks, having to work with different coaches and being away from their families really messes with fighters.

I'm not saying that Gruetzemacher is good, but he did show solid fundamentals in his UFC debut against Abner Lloveras. I'd even say that his striking was better than Skelly's.

Another concern I have is that Gruetzemacher trains at the MMA Lab and MMA Lab fighters are famous for being very tough and for having great cardio.

If this fight goes past the 1st round, Skelly's cardio is bad enough to make this fight very interesting.

I also find it concerning that Skelly has been training at the Blackzilians, a gym which has been torn apart in the last few months.

We lost a lot of money in 2016 betting on guys like Skelly who only have marginal advantages over their opponent's. I'm looking to tighten things up this year and only bet on solid fighters or if we do place bets on fighters who aren't completely solid I want to make sure that the risk is worth the reward. At odds of 1.40 | -250, I don't feel like the risk on Skelly is worth the reward.

Hope this makes sense mate. :good:

ReplyQuote
BarryMedellin
(@barrymedellin)
Blue Belt
03/02/2017 6:35 am  

Yes, that makes sense, Allsopp thanks.

ReplyQuote
BarryMedellin
(@barrymedellin)
Blue Belt
03/02/2017 2:33 pm  

This card has lots of easy wins. I have Skelly, Grasso, and Rawlings/Torres over, big bets on all of those. Especially Grasso. She's the new young wave of MMA, she has a great, humble, hard working attitude, and I believe Herrig is going to get destroyed in the cage.

I also have Hamilton that's also a pretty easy bet. A huge mismatch in size, and Fortuna isn't even good at Light heavyweight, lost to Corey Hendricks on TUF.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
03/02/2017 9:00 pm  

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: