Clear all

UFC Fight Night 66 Betting - Edgar vs Faber  

Page 2 / 12
  RSS

Iamcloud
(@iamcloud)
Flyweight Champion
04/05/2015 7:52 pm  

Wow mousasi overrated? Insanity!! Perhaps because I am Dutch. Anyways Mousasi has a iron chin so I don't see him getting knocked out. He is also better than Costas everywhere. I predict a submission.

ReplyQuote
seansuh
(@seansuh)
Blue Belt
06/05/2015 6:12 am  

Thanks guys for all of your input. Excellent points all the way around.

ReplyQuote
JIBBBY
(@jibbby)
Black Belt
07/05/2015 10:01 pm  

Luke Barnatt at - 145 over the washed up 37 year old Mark Munoz seems like a solid play.. Mark Munoz probably gets KO'd again if I had to guess.. Must win for both fighters anyways IMO... Luke Barnatt is anything special though but I find it absolutely impossible to bet on Mark Munoz ever again based on his recent performances.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Luke-Barnatt-56567

I see alot of you guys are jumping on the Frankie Edgar ban wagon? I don't see it as Faber at those +3-1 odds is worth a try.. Faber should give Frankie Edgar a solid run for his money.. Similar fighting styles and strengths going in anyways which should make it a close match up.. Submission game probably favors Urijah as well.. Other then Faber's losses in recent years to Barao he's been rolling of late.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Urijah-Faber-8847 at 35 years of age I'm thinking Faber still has something left to prove in this sport anyways..

Also love Neil Magny and Gegard Mousasi...

ReplyQuote
Iamcloud
(@iamcloud)
Flyweight Champion
07/05/2015 11:53 pm  

Fabers last fight against Rivera, he lost the first round and won due to eyepoke. Unless he does the same to Franky I don't see him winning.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
07/05/2015 11:59 pm  

I got Frankie Edgar in this fight all day. Faber's path to victory is so small...

ReplyQuote
JIBBBY
(@jibbby)
Black Belt
08/05/2015 5:00 am  

^^^ With all due respect fellas, Frankie Edgar has gone 3-3 in last 6 UFC fights. His only quality win in last 3 was Cub Swanson IMO and that came late in the fight.. To give the California Kid Faber no chance in this fight is just crazy.. Both are solid wrestlers, both have decent stand up, both proven UFC veterans, and most MMA experts would give the submission edge to Faber.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Frankie-Edgar-14204

I see this match up being a lot closer then the current odds reflect. Frankie doesn't have big KO power and Faber will be able to stand and strike with him.. Wrestling probably cancels each other out most likely.. Both are fast and equal on most levels.. Frankie could possibly out work Faber standing and win a decision.. There is also a chance Faber could lock in a sub rolling and catch the neck at some point also... We've also seen Frankie Edgar get rocked standing a few times in previous fights as well. Faber's striking is not great but it is good enough that he might just connect to Frankie's chin with something.... Faber might have the better chin going in as well but that's up for debate as Frankie does recover well after getting rocked..

My thoughts anyways going in to this fight and when seeing Faber at +315.....

ReplyQuote
Jesse
(@jesse)
Welterweight Champion
08/05/2015 7:38 am  

edgars a lock imo and i parlayed him in everything as soon as he opened at -275 and went 25 units straight up, but hedged nicely the other day just in case there something im missing....but basically i think edgars standup is way way better, wrestling way better, both dont have ko power, dont see edgar getting subbed by the guillotine, hes got size and probably strength adv. , faber looked bad against caceras and rivera, looked to be more on the decline then edgar , edgar destroyed cub, dominated olivera, and olivera didnt sub him, so really cant see faber subbing him, and imo no one ever really beat edgar convincingly , he was slightly edged by bendo, a lot of people thought he won the second fight, and he was gaining momentum against aldo, winning the later rounds, aldo did say faber was a tougher fight but that was strange, faber couldnt walk and was getting dominated, not coming back to win the championship rounds after a close first 3 . I don't see faber knocking out edgar when aldo couldn't, subbing him when olivera couldn't, or decisioning him when holding frankie down and maintaining top control or outpointing him on the feet seem impossible for faber to do to frankie imo

ReplyQuote
Jesse
(@jesse)
Welterweight Champion
08/05/2015 7:40 am  

we saw edgar bendo twice, what would faber bendo look like? would it be that close, i highly doubt it, bendo would eat his face

ReplyQuote
Disil
(@disil)
Black Belt
10/05/2015 1:05 pm  

Edgar will outstrike Faber as long as he wants and defend takedowns effortlessly. Faber's only chance to win is a guillotine or a one punch knockout and neither seems likely.

ReplyQuote
Mmadentist
(@mmadentist)
Purple Belt
10/05/2015 3:46 pm  

I like to parlay Edgar, moussasi, Barnett, magny. I like these four. What do u think

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
10/05/2015 3:56 pm  

I hadn't looked at this card at all yet, but I just looked at the matchups and odds, and Magny stands out, as a pick'em. Magny is one of my favourite guys to bet on. I've won with him every time, even last time, calling the finish.

Magny 25 units

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
10/05/2015 4:08 pm  

not bad IMO, but Barnatt is the shaky leg on that parlay. but his opponent Munoz is even shakier, and I think he either gets (T)KO'd or straight outboxed.

Frankie vs. Faber, I think Faber won't ever be able to get his hands on Frankie in any way, with Frankie circling and avoiding the clinch and the ground, and throwing pot shots all fight. will be a VERY frustrating fight for Faber. Frankie Straight-up, or parlayed with Mousasi or something. probably decision.

ReplyQuote
Hugo
 Hugo
(@hugocrm)
Welterweight Champion
10/05/2015 10:36 pm  

Man, I'll against you guys in Magny vs Hyun Gyu Lin, after that fight against Safedine this Korean earned my respect.

ReplyQuote
Puczi
(@puczi)
Flyweight Champion Customer
11/05/2015 12:07 am  

Bets I like:
Edgar inside distance 3.75
Mousasi/Costa under 1.5 rd 2.55

I'll talk about them tommorow, good night for now 😉

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
11/05/2015 1:26 am  

Haha I can't believe Jose Aldo said that imo he didn't even win that fight with Frankie Edgar he faded sooo bad and urijah was on crutches for how long after their fight? Urijah looked like shit in his last two fights but maybe it was because his opponents were too big, idk..all i know is that w/o that eye poke I think most of us woulda lost a shit ton of money..frankie beat the crap out of his last two opponents(who were better) and barely lost to bendo who walks around at what 20-30 more pounds than edgar, no biggie him/gegard all day

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 12
Share: