UFC Fight Night 81 ...

Notifications
Clear all

UFC Fight Night 81 Betting - Cruz vs Dillashaw

Page 4 / 8

Nordic
(@nordicflight)
Flyweight Champion

I was on Cruz, I watched tape, I was chocked and humbled and corrected, I am on TJ

Let´s GO!!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I think cruz gets lit up like a xmas tree

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

watching conor talk is funny and people dont care if he's cocky, but with cruz its like dude WHY are you running your mouth so much you havent fought in four years and everyone back then SUCKED anyways haha ..ok he outpointed faber WOW

ReplyQuote
Bernie
(@bernie)
Brown Belt Member

What do you guys think of luke sanders vs blanco ? Sanders is moving up a weight class and on short notice but he looks legit all around great wrestling and striking
I think were getting good odds only because its his first ufc fight....
Does anyone have a link to watch his last fight against terrion ware? I cant find it anywhere

ReplyQuote
Nordic
(@nordicflight)
Flyweight Champion

Like a Christmas tree in February, left for dead in the gutter...
I think TJ get´s the finish (4,13 @ 5Dimes says he will;))

ReplyQuote
MMA Dog
(@thehbfgroup)
Flyweight Champion

Hey nordic, what tape exactly is everyone referring to? After many discussions with allsopp I just dont see how this is the case. Let em explain.

Are we referring to how he looked vs Barao? Because then yes he looked amazing vs Barao. However, Barao is a different type of opponent.

We surely can't be talking about how he looked vs Joe Soto? Because he looked pedestrian in that fight? So I want to know what is all the tape that everyone is watching that people think TJ will kill cruz? It surely cant be anything pre- Barao because that might imply everyone must have made money on him @+800 vs Barao I since there is all this tape apparently that shows him being unbeatable.

I just dont understand it just yet. Lets assume people think Cruz is easy to hit because of some Faber fight they watched. Okay, well isn't joe soto 100x easier to hit? Soto is a stationary target who didn't train for a 5 round fight. I'm supposed to just believe that he will then KO a fighter with best defense as far as stats go. Not sure. I saw Soto tag dillashaw several times...does that mean Dillashaw is easy to hit? I dont think so.

Due to all the injuries I really like TJ by decision but i want to see the weigh ins and stare down first. I think all this new hype talk of Cruz being hit-able and TJ being the ultimate fighting machine has more to do with people looking for self fulfilling prophecy.

Will some of you Europeans have a hard time watching this fight because its on foxsports1? I hear people from Canada complaining apparently.

ReplyQuote
Jesse
(@jesse)
Welterweight Champion

ive been feeling the same way, but keeping my mouth shut about it since im clearly the minority

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion

[quote quote=24398]We surely can’t be talking about how he looked vs Joe Soto?[/quote]

But clearly TJ and Joe were just trying to give the Sacramento fans and folks that made it out to that train wreck of a 177 card a good fight to watch?

That was pretty obvious to me watching it...TJ held back

ReplyQuote
DivMuzza
(@divmuzza)
Flyweight Champion

Another late change to the card the Russian Karim-Abdul Jabar replaced by Elvis Mutapcic.

We should be able to see this card easily we get them all on BT Sports live, Except the UK card for some reason which are on a whole different channel on tape delay.

ReplyQuote
BettingDiscipline
(@bettingdiscipline)
Featherweight Champion

Cruz has down syndrome not movement nor footwork

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

For some reason the UFC haven't put the latest embedded video on Youtube yet, but you can watch it right now on UFC FightPass.

http://www.ufc.tv/video/fight-night-boston-embedded-tj-dillashaw-vs-dominick-cruz

This is one of my favourite Countdown shows ever. The parts where Alvarez showed where he grew up in Philadelphia and Cruz talking openly about the challenges he has faced were amazing.

You should check it out.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

[quote quote=24398]Hey nordic, what tape exactly is everyone referring to? After many discussions with allsopp I just dont see how this is the case. Let em explain.

Are we referring to how he looked vs Barao? Because then yes he looked amazing vs Barao. However, Barao is a different type of opponent.

We surely can’t be talking about how he looked vs Joe Soto? Because he looked pedestrian in that fight? So I want to know what is all the tape that everyone is watching that people think TJ will kill cruz? It surely cant be anything pre- Barao because that might imply everyone must have made money on him @+800 vs Barao I since there is all this tape apparently that shows him being unbeatable.

I just dont understand it just yet. Lets assume people think Cruz is easy to hit because of some Faber fight they watched. Okay, well isn’t joe soto 100x easier to hit? Soto is a stationary target who didn’t train for a 5 round fight. I’m supposed to just believe that he will then KO a fighter with best defense as far as stats go. Not sure. I saw Soto tag dillashaw several times…does that mean Dillashaw is easy to hit? I dont think so.

Due to all the injuries I really like TJ by decision but i want to see the weigh ins and stare down first. I think all this new hype talk of Cruz being hit-able and TJ being the ultimate fighting machine has more to do with people looking for self fulfilling prophecy.

Will some of you Europeans have a hard time watching this fight because its on foxsports1? I hear people from Canada complaining apparently.

[/quote]

Don't read too much into TJ's performance against Joe Soto because he took the fight on less than 24 hours notice and didn't have time to put together a gameplan. TJ had a lot to lose in that fight and it was his first title defence. Joe Soto is reasonably good in all areas, so it's not like there was a particular area of MMA where TJ could cause Soto big problems.

There's a famous expression in sports that sometimes teams play "not to lose", instead of "playing to win" and this is what I saw from TJ in that performance.

A loss to someone like Soto would have been extremely damaging to his career and he knew it. Taking a fight against somebody you know nothing about on less than 24 hours notice can't be easy.

He took zero risks against Soto and put in a very industrial performance. To me he showed great fight IQ and did exactly what he needed to do in order to win.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

[quote quote=24395]What do you guys think of luke sanders vs blanco ? Sanders is moving up a weight class and on short notice but he looks legit all around great wrestling and striking
I think were getting good odds only because its his first ufc fight….
Does anyone have a link to watch his last fight against terrion ware? I cant find it anywhere

[/quote]

Hey Bernie,

I would not bet on this fight if I were you mate. Sanders is taking the fight on less than 2 weeks notice. Fighters that take fights on short notice like that almost always lose.

It's also worth noting that Sanders is a small Bantamweight, he could probably even make Flyweight, so him moving up and taking the fight against Blanco at Featherweight is a big concern. I think he took the fight just to get into the UFC and will probably drop back down to Bantamweight or even Flyweight.

Blanco is a strong wrestler and the size difference in this matchup could make it really difficult for Sanders.

Blanco is too risky to bet on because of his bad fight IQ, poor cardio and wreckless style of fighting, but he's much better than Sanders everywhere and will have a big physical advantage. I think this fight could go either way, although I do lean towards Blanco.

ReplyQuote
BettingDiscipline
(@bettingdiscipline)
Featherweight Champion

I think TJ and Cruz will be punching air and playing dance dance revolution for 5 rounds. TJ will get the win via volume and activity.

ReplyQuote
Iamcloud
(@iamcloud)
Flyweight Champion

The X factor of the Cruz vs TJ fight is how much has the dominator improved in the last 4 years. You are all assuming he is the same guy that fought 4 years ago. His last fight clearly showed otherwise.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 8
Share: