ReplyQuote
BettingDiscipline
(@bettingdiscipline)
Featherweight Champion

[quote quote=24708]BD

Nice Ultimate Parlay :good:

Almost Half a Million Bucks :wacko:

[/quote]

Thanks baby. When I win, I'll buy you 2 straps.

ReplyQuote
BettingDiscipline
(@bettingdiscipline)
Featherweight Champion

I just read Allsop's TJ/Cruz breakdown while taking a dump. What a thing of beauty!

One of the best lines of the year on along with DP against Duffy and Rose against PVZ. Keep up the good work Allsop. Like poker, this is a made straight on the flop and the villian is drawing dead! :yahoo:

ReplyQuote
King_KongAgain
(@king_kongagain)
Black Belt

What a great card, even with all the injury substitutions. Get your popcorn ready and GL. :good:

Pearson win -145 1.5 units
Mitrione-Brown u1.5 -180 1 unit
Dillashaw win -140 1 unit
Latifi ITD -141 1 unit

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion

Can I be the first to say?

You EARNED Jack shit, Cruz.

You ran around like a bitch, and TJ didn't capitalize.

You take a belt with that bullshit?

Fuck that.

I don't care how much adversity you overcame, you didn't beat the man.

These are fights, and he wasn't interim champ.

The Fox and UFC guys can try to justify it all they want.. that was straight up the most frustrating pile of bullshit excuse for a "championship performance" conceivable.

Have fun, Doucheinator.

That is all.

ReplyQuote
Iamcloud
(@iamcloud)
Flyweight Champion

The loss stings me too bro.

TJ was very emotional in this fight. He was chasing and loading too much. TJ got mcgregored by Cruz before the fight ever began.

Cruz did what he had to do here. This is his style and its effective.

ReplyQuote
Puczi
(@puczi)
Flyweight Champion Customer

It was way closer, than we expected, but i still believe TJ won.
Judges are really dumb idiots - look at Tony Weeks. That guy scored first round for TJ, then #4 & #5 for Cruz - how dumb you have to be, to do that?
That loss is bitter, but for sure we will bounce back -> +170 units haven't came out of nowhere. Such is gambling, we can never be sure.

ReplyQuote
Hugo
 Hugo
(@hugocrm)
Welterweight Champion

Man u can't go with cruz to a decision, the man is a expert . he knows how to mix and score to impress the judges...
Anyway it was a close fight i scored the first 3 rounds to cruz and the last 2 to TJ ...

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

[quote quote=24681]Check out my parlay of DOOM!

Niggas be buggin out

Jan 16, 2016
2:56 AM
Combination
Fight Night 81 – Sean O’Connell v Ilir Latifi (Method of Victory)
Sean O’Connell by KO,TKO,DQ 6.50 Open
Fight Night 81 – Daron Cruickshank v Paul Felder (Method of Victory)
Daron Cruickshank Pts or Technical Decision 6.00 Open
Fight Night 81 – Ed Herman v Tim Boetsch (Method of Victory)
Tim Boetsch by KO,TKO,DQ 2.75 Open
Fight Night 81 – Francisco Trinaldo v Ross Pearson (Method of Victory)
Ross Pearson by KO,TKO,DQ 4.00 Open
Fight Night 81 – Matt Mitrione v Travis Browne (Method of Victory)
Matt Mitrione by Pts or Technical Decision 13.00 Open
Fight Night 81 – Eddie Alvarez v Anthony Pettis (Method of Victory)
Anthony Pettis by KO,TKO,DQ 3.50 Open
Fight Night 81 – Dominick Cruz v Tj Dillashaw (Method of Victory)
Tj Dillashaw by KO,TKO,DQ 4.50 Open 5.00
Possible Payout: 439188.75Bet Price: 87837.75

[/quote]

[quote quote=24681]Check out my parlay of DOOM!

Niggas be buggin out

Jan 16, 2016
2:56 AM
Combination
Fight Night 81 – Sean O’Connell v Ilir Latifi (Method of Victory)
Sean O’Connell by KO,TKO,DQ 6.50 Open
Fight Night 81 – Daron Cruickshank v Paul Felder (Method of Victory)
Daron Cruickshank Pts or Technical Decision 6.00 Open
Fight Night 81 – Ed Herman v Tim Boetsch (Method of Victory)
Tim Boetsch by KO,TKO,DQ 2.75 Open
Fight Night 81 – Francisco Trinaldo v Ross Pearson (Method of Victory)
Ross Pearson by KO,TKO,DQ 4.00 Open
Fight Night 81 – Matt Mitrione v Travis Browne (Method of Victory)
Matt Mitrione by Pts or Technical Decision 13.00 Open
Fight Night 81 – Eddie Alvarez v Anthony Pettis (Method of Victory)
Anthony Pettis by KO,TKO,DQ 3.50 Open
Fight Night 81 – Dominick Cruz v Tj Dillashaw (Method of Victory)
Tj Dillashaw by KO,TKO,DQ 4.50 Open 5.00
Possible Payout: 439188.75Bet Price: 87837.75

[/quote]

Parlay of doom is right lol

ReplyQuote
Lucky7
(@lucky7)
White Belt

Losing a bet already sucks, but losing it because of the fucking judges is just whole other level

ReplyQuote
King_KongAgain
(@king_kongagain)
Black Belt

[quote quote=24772]

Pearson win -145 1.5 units
Mitrione-Brown u1.5 -180 1 unit
Dillashaw win -140 1 unit
Latifi ITD -141 1 unit

[/quote]

On a bit of a skid recently, haven't been watching tape and doing the work. A lot of guys fought smart fights to get the win this event, Trinaldo, Alverez, Brown, and of course the Domin8tor.

Yes Cruz fought a close decision but it was a great fight, vintage Cruz. Dude is great to watch, footwork looked as good as ever and he was able to get the TDs which I think made a huge difference in the fight. I think he was clearly getting the best of it until the 4th and 5th when he began to slow down.

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion

[quote quote=24863]Dude is great to watch, footwork looked as good as ever[/quote]

TJ was throwing short punches all night

Like WAY short. Like 1-2 hand lengths.
He's not an idiot and did not even try to find his range

Between the fourth and fifth, his corner told him to stop punching Cruz head, and to punch his chest

This "fight" was a straight up douche storm for the Fox guys, whom he thanked.

I thought it might happen but was so disappointed it actually did.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I scored the fight 49-48 TJ, but that's only because I felt the 4th and 5th rounds were the most dominant of the fight and I thought TJ won those clear. I felt like you had to score one of the first 3 rounds for TJ, but it wasn't a robbery by any means. Cruz fought his ass off and deserved his win.

I think TJ took a little too long to adjust to Dominick's style and the fight ran away from him. He fell in love with the head kick too much and it just wasn't working or hurting Cruz. If he would have focused more on leg and body kicks it could have been a different story, but the fight wasn't a robbery by any means it could have gone either way.

I think the hardest part about the loss on this event is that we keep ending up on the wrong side of split decisions and close fights.

Since November we've lost close bets on Condit, Pa'aluhi, Ansaroff, Palmer and Akiyama. That's a 30 unit swing. If just half of those bets would have won, our results would be looking very different.

Sorry about this one guys. I can accept the TJ loss, he fought his ass off and went down on his shield, but I thought Pettis was a stone cold lock and still find it hard to believe he lost to Alvarez. I get that people are pointing to Pettis' wrestling as a weakness, but this is Eddie Alvarez we're talking about, he's not a strong wrestler. Pettis looked flat footed, sloppy and slow. This is the guy that used to run up the side of cages and land spinning kicks. He looked totally different last night. I'm gutted.

😥 😥 😥 😥

ReplyQuote
King_KongAgain
(@king_kongagain)
Black Belt

I wasn't impressed with Alverez at all. Pettis just didn't show up. He hasn't looked worse for as long as I can remember.

ReplyQuote
Cauliflower
(@gyozaears)
White Belt

It is always a shit feeling ending up on the wrong side of split decisions or head scratching decisions.

However if you analyse it from an objective point of view I think you have to say a bet you make where the odds are at around @1.70 or less and it goes to the judges and it is a toss up whether you win or loose was probably with the benefit of hindsight a wrong call. Ideally with these bets you want to be confident that the difference between the two fighters will be that much it does not matter if it goes to the judges.

Where you loose on 50/50 judging @2.20 or greater I think it is still an OK bet as long run you should win mathematically...(Outside of believing there is some sort of divine Illuminati conspiracy against you)

That I think is the best way to limit the damage bad judging does to your bank roll.

One that did go our way was the Tumenov split decision! I thought Tumenov won, but friends who I watched it with who were former pros thought it could have gone the other way and so did some other commentators I heard.

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 8
Share: