UFC Fight Night 82 ...

Notifications
Clear all

UFC Fight Night 82 Betting - Hendricks vs Thompson

Page 2 / 7

King_KongAgain
(@king_kongagain)
Black Belt

I wouldn't say that's it, Hendrix has good TD but most guys are able to get up. Brown and Condit the guys he used his wrestling with most got up repeatedly. The difference between those guys is Thompson can strike at distance better and is much more capable of 1 shot KOing guys. I'm not saying Thompson will win or will not get taken down but it's not as clear cut as you might think.

ReplyQuote
MMA Dog
(@thehbfgroup)
Flyweight Champion

Exactly what happened in the Brown vs Hendricks fight for you to use that as an example? hendricks mauled him for 3 rounds and won easily.

Reasons to bet on Thompson

1. I have no clue who Hendricks is training with these days. Since he left TTD
2. Weight cut issues
3. He says retarded shit on social media that make you question his motivation
4. Cardio, although its only 3 rounds, so not as big of a factor.

All those are amazing reasons. Thompson training wrestling is not a good reason to justify it on a forum where ppl read advice. Again, his pedigree in wrestling is absurd. There are plenty of other reasons ppl might want to bet on thompson.

One thing you forgot to mention is Condit and Browns BJJ level. But I'm assuming there's some rumor out there that Thompson has been training with Jacare Souza for this fight so his BJJ will be spectacular.

ReplyQuote
King_KongAgain
(@king_kongagain)
Black Belt

I never brought up Thompson training with Weidman. I noted brown and condit because even though Hendrix was able to get takedowns he was not able to keep them down. Thompson is the most dangerous striker I think Hendrix will have faced, not holding guys down open up additional opportunities to strike. That is all I am noting. Further both those guys are pressure fighters and so is Hendrix while Thompson is great at counter strikes and bating guys in. Again I'm not saying Thompson wins but it's not the blowout one might make it out to be. Not to mention Hendrix has weight cut issues and will not have the benefit of iv. I believe guys cutting a lot of weight are more susceptible to ko.

ReplyQuote
King_KongAgain
(@king_kongagain)
Black Belt

Changing topic, this card looks absolutely great for betting. Keep an eye out for the early lines.

ReplyQuote
Puczi
(@puczi)
Member Customer

If we see good, old Hendricks, then Thompson has no chance. He was rocked by Jake Ellenberger, if only Juggernaut wasn't passive, Wonderboy would be knocked out. Johny should have huge wrestling advantage - nobody was able to stop his takedowns - and he punches really hard. We mustn't forget he never really lost the belt.

However Im not sure if I'll bet Johnny - I want to see him at weigh ins firset.

ReplyQuote
Jesse
(@jesse)
Welterweight Champion

while I basically agree that its very difficult to train to be able to stop a wrestler of johnys caliber, and most cant do it. It is not insulting to mention that hes training with cw. Lets not forget alexander gustuffson, his training with phil davis obviously made a difference, so it is possible that this does have an impact. also cw is a bigger guy that thompson is used to training with, and that can make a difference as well.

I think you cant make too much out of 1 thing, like thompson getting hit by ellenburger, its a fight anything can happen, anyone can get hit, different fights will play out differently, the same opponent different times will play out differently. If we are to point out some questionable performances of johnys look no further then koscheck and condit.

Im also not saying thompson is going to win, but I think he has paths to victory and at these odds, and some questions about where johny is at these days, i see more value there then on laying that much on johny. maybe thompson straight up hedged by johny by dec is worth a consideration

ReplyQuote
doolb
(@doolb)
Black Belt

the world is round and cain is out:
http://twitter.com/danawhite/status/691400840557400069/photo/1

ReplyQuote
chuck_woolery
(@chuck_woolery)
Lightweight Champion

Hmm... better matchup for Werdum?

I don't think Stipe is ready for everything Werdum has got.

ReplyQuote
mrscott08
(@mrscott08)
Black Belt Member

im upset that took the wind out of my sails I had werdum at dogg odds now his 1.30 against stipe, werdum was the key for me to slowly get back my roll after Pettis lost, i had a small multi of werdum, tim means and rda just for fun as well. ive been looking at the cards ahead and their full of big favourites so that was the bet i was looking foward too.

ReplyQuote
Puczi
(@puczi)
Member Customer

Werdum 1.53 - 2.50 Miocic at betsafe.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I think Miocic is a tougher fight for Werdum because I think Miocic is better than Cain everywhere.

I know that opinion will be controversial, but I believe that Miocic is very underrated, whilst Cain is very overrated.

ReplyQuote
BettingDiscipline
(@bettingdiscipline)
Featherweight Champion

[quote quote=24928]Exactly what happened in the Brown vs Hendricks fight for you to use that as an example? hendricks mauled him for 3 rounds and won easily.

Reasons to bet on Thompson

1. I have no clue who Hendricks is training with these days. Since he left TTD
2. Weight cut issues
3. He says retarded shit on social media that make you question his motivation
4. Cardio, although its only 3 rounds, so not as big of a factor.

All those are amazing reasons. Thompson training wrestling is not a good reason to justify it on a forum where ppl read advice. Again, his pedigree in wrestling is absurd. There are plenty of other reasons ppl might want to bet on thompson.

One thing you forgot to mention is Condit and Browns BJJ level. But I’m assuming there’s some rumor out there that Thompson has been training with Jacare Souza for this fight so his BJJ will be spectacular.

[/quote]

5. Hendricks' steakhouse isn't doing well

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

[quote quote=24940]I think Miocic is a tougher fight for Werdum because I think Miocic is better than Cain everywhere.

I know that opinion will be controversial, but I believe that Miocic is very underrated, whilst Cain is very overrated.

[/quote]
Exactly my thought. Give me Werdum back at dog odds vs cain 🙁

ReplyQuote
Puczi
(@puczi)
Member Customer

A short highlight of Hendrick's training

In my oppinion he looks sharp and fit.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

werdum is out =/

ReplyQuote