UFC on FOX 25 Betting - Gastelum vs Weidman  

RSS

Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
27/06/2017 12:02 am  

UFC on FOX 25 BettingUFC on FOX 25 Betting

UFC on FOX 25 Betting Tips, Picks and Predictions for Gastelum vs Weidman

Kelvin Gastelum has poor takedown defence and Weidman is much bigger than him. Do you think he'll be able to overcome these challenges and win? He has looked outstanding lately...

MMAboxingJUNKIE26
(@mmafan26)
Black Belt Customer
30/06/2017 10:42 am  

After doing my research on this fight there are evidences that strongly suggest Weidman is on the decline, first is that his physique has changed a lot, u could say he is leaner than before but the way I see it is that he lost a lot of muscle mass. Generally less muscle mass tends to help with cardio issues but this isn't the case with Weidman which will point out to my second observation, Weidman slows down within 2 rounds, it's actually a fact. In the Romero fight he slowed down mid rd2 and don't get me wrong he was doing really great in rd 1. What's even worse is that on the Mousasi fight where Moose was looking really off and flat that night, Weidman was looking tired and slow beginning of rd2. It makes me think that his cardio isn't really improving at all but getting worse. And another thing to consider is Weidman's litany of injuries and not just minor ones, he already had a neck surgery done on which after he looked physically smaller(he had this right before the Romero fight). Last but not the least is that he'd been stopped 3 times in a row now, took crazy amount of punishment against Rockhold, got knocked out by a flying knee against Romero and recently and which I think was the worst I've seen him rocked was with Mousasi. KO/TKO losses like this take a toll on a fighter's mental and physical state. Now we go to Gastelum and I wanna point out his disadvantages on this fight, he'll be at a great wrestling disadvantage no doubt but the question is for how long? 1 rd, 2 rds? Kelvin has an amazing chin, he took big shots against Woodley(A known puncher power) but he didn't even get dropped nor wobbled which makes me believe he can weather the early storm against Weidman. Second disadvantage would be Size by this I don't mean muscle mass Weidman isn't as jacked as he used to be in his prime, what Gas would be giving up are reach and height. For the height I believe it would beneficial for him to be the shorter guy, he'll have lower center of gravity(harder to take down and they'll have to aim lower for TDs as well) as for reach, Gas has a great long jab, he knows how to dart in and out of range. He uses a very effective power 1-2(it hurt granite chin Hendricks and dropped and KO'd Vitor). Having said all of these, he's also aggressive, will always be on your face and keep that high pace for full 5 rounds. How can Weidman wrestle him when he's already tired and the other question would be, how would he survive for 3 more rounds if he doesn't get the job done within 2(it's already proven that's how long he usually last). Kelvin has looked like a different fighter at MW. I already got 4U on Kelvin @1.77 btw. Good luck to all of us!! Let's make some moonnaaayy!!! :mail: :yahoo: :good:

ReplyQuote
mrscott08
(@mrscott08)
Black Belt Customer
01/07/2017 5:50 am  

I always thought Kevin was a special fighter, i thought he could have been champ at 170, he said never would fight Weidman because of the size difference, obviously he believes in himself now and i think he is better at middle weight.

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
10/07/2017 8:13 pm  

5 years ago Weidman would have rag-dolled someone like Gastelum all over the Octagon, but now I'm not so sure. USADA hit Weidman hard, his cardio appears to be completely shot.

ReplyQuote
Junebug
(@junebug)
Flyweight Champion
18/07/2017 2:50 pm  

[quote quote=34078]After doing my research on this fight there are evidences that strongly suggest Weidman is on the decline, first is that his physique has changed a lot, u could say he is leaner than before but the way I see it is that he lost a lot of muscle mass. Generally less muscle mass tends to help with cardio issues but this isn’t the case with Weidman which will point out to my second observation, Weidman slows down within 2 rounds, it’s actually a fact. In the Romero fight he slowed down mid rd2 and don’t get me wrong he was doing really great in rd 1. What’s even worse is that on the Mousasi fight where Moose was looking really off and flat that night, Weidman was looking tired and slow beginning of rd2. It makes me think that his cardio isn’t really improving at all but getting worse. And another thing to consider is Weidman’s litany of injuries and not just minor ones, he already had a neck surgery done on which after he looked physically smaller(he had this right before the Romero fight). Last but not the least is that he’d been stopped 3 times in a row now, took crazy amount of punishment against Rockhold, got knocked out by a flying knee against Romero and recently and which I think was the worst I’ve seen him rocked was with Mousasi. KO/TKO losses like this take a toll on a fighter’s mental and physical state. Now we go to Gastelum and I wanna point out his disadvantages on this fight, he’ll be at a great wrestling disadvantage no doubt but the question is for how long? 1 rd, 2 rds? Kelvin has an amazing chin, he took big shots against Woodley(A known puncher power) but he didn’t even get dropped nor wobbled which makes me believe he can weather the early storm against Weidman. Second disadvantage would be Size by this I don’t mean muscle mass Weidman isn’t as jacked as he used to be in his prime, what Gas would be giving up are reach and height. For the height I believe it would beneficial for him to be the shorter guy, he’ll have lower center of gravity(harder to take down and they’ll have to aim lower for TDs as well) as for reach, Gas has a great long jab, he knows how to dart in and out of range. He uses a very effective power 1-2(it hurt granite chin Hendricks and dropped and KO’d Vitor). Having said all of these, he’s also aggressive, will always be on your face and keep that high pace for full 5 rounds. How can Weidman wrestle him when he’s already tired and the other question would be, how would he survive for 3 more rounds if he doesn’t get the job done within 2(it’s already proven that’s how long he usually last). Kelvin has looked like a different fighter at MW. I already got 4U on Kelvin @1.77 btw. Good luck to all of us!! Let’s make some moonnaaayy!!! :mail: :yahoo: :good:

[/quote]

Totally agree with you man im locking 3 units on Kevin Gastellum. Specially the way chris weidman has been looking lately.what the hell happened to weidman hes just not the same anymore

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
21/07/2017 6:29 pm  

ReplyQuote
Allsopp
(@mma)
Member Admin
22/07/2017 1:43 pm  

ReplyQuote
Share: