Notifications
Clear all

dwcs week 2

frozenthrone
(@frozenthrone)
Purple Belt Member
Topic starter  

been looking through the fights and believe i have found someone decent i have gone for 2u on chidi njokuani at 2.00

this is a fight between 2 thai strikers, in a nutshell chidi is just a better striker than mario sousa, he does a good job of keeping his opponent on the end of his jab and kicks and does a good job reading his opponent looking for openings and then hammering them once he sees they bother his opponent and also countering his opponent once he reads his opponents attacks, he is strong in the clintch aswell being able to land good knees to the body in that position. he also has decent cardio and has fought a high level of competition at bellator and will be used to high pressure situations. he did struggle with rafael carvalho pressure but he was feinting alot with strikes and level changes , souza does not feint.

Souza on the other hand is a kicks based striker but does not have the best striking defence and just charges in a straight line into his opponents without much thought for what his opponent is going to throw back and is always fought smaller guys, he also has no takedown defence because of this not that i expect this to go to the ground. he also slows down as the fight progresses but can still muster some pop in his shots later in the fight.

both fighters are weak off their back but chiti makes and effort to pop to his feet, its only once he is flattened on the mat is when he accepts being there for too long as when souza gets taken down he prefers to chase submissions off his back, it should be noted souza's opponents were tired and low level on the ground giving his record a few submissions and souza himself does not wrestle and just gets taken down alot. 

i think chiti ground game is the biggest risk factor but since souza does not wresle i dont think itll be too big a deal, his tdd isnt the best but again he is alot stronger in the clintch then souza and if he wants to td souza if he struggles with the pressure it should not be too hard. i'd reccomend having a look yourself as well but i'd cap this at around 65% chiti njokuani.

Let me know what you think : )

https://ufcfightpass.com/video/168297/lfa-91

https://ufcfightpass.com/video/177262/mrio-sousa-vs-mariusz-ksiazkiewicz-dwcs

JB826 liked
TonyMMA
(@tonymma)
White Belt Member

Well done Frozen!  Cashed on this pick heavy ! 

ReplyQuote
frozenthrone
(@frozenthrone)
Purple Belt Member
Topic starter  

@tonymma thanks, good to hear mate

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Flyweight Champion Member

Great analysis, easy winner. Well done!

ReplyQuote