Notifications
Clear all

JB's MLB Picks

Page 8 / 13

JB826
(@jb826)
Black Belt Member
Topic starter  

Gucci, good point!  Seems these bad pitchers have taken to new methods to get the hitters out.

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Black Belt Member
Topic starter  

Looking at up to 5 games when lineups come out but two games for sure:

A's/Orioles O9 (-120)  great matchup for both teams hitters. A's are the favs so good chance O's use their final home at bat in case we need last inning runs.

Red Sox First 5 Innings -120  over Mariners.  Mariners hot start is a little bit dressed up as more than half their wins have come against bad/struggling teams.  Red Sox bats are on fire. Couple of weak pitchers favor good offense here, and I like Boston's better.

ReplyQuote
Guccisniper72
(@guccisniper72)
Black Belt Member

@jb826 I’m tailing JB!!

LFGO

Hooe you had a blast with the little boy mate always nice to have some quality time at sporting events. I know I’m loving soccer with my little boy. First game of the season tomorrow after UFC card and I can’t wait to see him play. 

JB826 liked
ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Black Belt Member
Topic starter  

Cheers, Gucci!  That is the good stuff in life.  Seeing the little ones play ball and helping coach them is an amazing experience!!

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Black Belt Member
Topic starter  

Split yesterday's action 1-1 for a loss of 0.20 units.  On the year, 22-14 for a profit of 6.47 units.

Saturday, April 24 (USA). It's fight day but I have some baseball I like to lead into the fights.

ROYALS -117 FIRST FIVE INNINGS over the Tigers.  Royals are red hot and I actually favor the starting pitching matchup and think the numbers are a bit deceptive.

REDS -105 FIRST FIVING INNINGS over the Cardinals.  Reds stroking the HR ball early in the season and Wade Miley, should have a nice bounce back performance.

BRAVES/DIAMONDBACKS EVEN MONEY OVER 9 FULL GAME. One of the worst pitchers in baseball going up against the Braves pitcher Smyly who is also struggling.  These pitchers give up a lot of HRs and I expect the hitters to be mashing today.

BREWERS FIRST -110 FIVING INNINGS over the Cubs. First place Brewers with a pretty clear pitching advantage will be looking to get yesterday's blowout loss back against division rival Cubs.

BOL if you tail and see you in the chat!  LFG UFC 261!!!!

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Black Belt Member
Topic starter  

Split yesterday's action 1-1 with a push and a rainout for a loss of 0.05 units.  On the year, 23-15 (61%) for a profit of 6.42 units. Been moving sideways for a week but was a little tougher handicapping while on the road and out of my routine. Let's bounce back this week!

Sun April 25 (USA)

BREWERS FIRST FIVE -140 over Cubs.  Woodruff pitching and is one of the best.  Brewers red hot.  Would have won and not pushed with the yesterday if we had gone full game. Now the bullpen is depleted so we go first five.

RANGERS +165 FIRST FIVE INNINGS over White Sox.  Rangers hitting the ball well right now and have one of their bet pitchers going against one of the weaker White Sox pitchers.  I have this as a 50/50 game so there is crazy value on the dog.

BOL if you tail. 1 Unit each.

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Black Belt Member
Topic starter  

Split of 1-1 on the day.  Loss of 0.4 units.  On the year, 24-16 (60%) for a profit of 6.02 units.

Still treading water but we stay patient as good spots will reveal themselves. Very tempted to take the Dodgers tonight as a slight fav since Musgrove's numbers have been a bit dressed up bc of the no hitter.  Rare that you get the Dodgers at -120 F5. Would take the F5 since the bully was used last night.  But will wait for tomorrow's offering instead.

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Black Belt Member
Topic starter  

Monday, April 26 (USA)

Made a mistake on the unit loss from yesterday.  It was calculated at -0.4 and should have been -0.29.  Modified on the year, 24-16 (60%) for a profit of 6.13 units.

On to todays, picks.  May have up to 3 picks but waiting on the rest of the lineups.

A's -108 FULL GAME over Rays. Manaea is pitching much better than Rich Hill, who I will look to fade on a regular basis when playable.  A's red hot on offense and playing full strength. Rays also playing a couple of backups today.  Going full game as both teams have about equal bullpens and A's at full strength.

LostMyPants and kirby liked
ReplyQuote
Guccisniper72
(@guccisniper72)
Black Belt Member

@jb826 Tailing JB

LFGO

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Black Belt Member
Topic starter  

Second Game for Monday

PHILLIES/CARDS O8 -105. Both pitchers off to rough starts.  Phillies offense very good and St. Louis has two of the best hitters in the league and tied for 4th in HRs.  8 runs at -105 is a nice proposition. 

kirby and Moons85 liked
ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Black Belt Member
Topic starter  

Another 1-1 day ... we lost the vig at -0.07 units.  On the year, 25-17 (60%) for a profit of 6.06 units.

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Black Belt Member
Topic starter  

Tuesday April 27 (USA)

It's moving day today.  This board is rich for betting.  Near even money plays, a couple of underdogs and a rare parlay.  Too much work to do for a full write-up.

ROYALS -120 FIRST 5 INNINGS over Pirates.

PHILLIES -115 FIRST 5 INNINGS over Cardinals.

INDIANS +103 FIRST 5 INNINGS over Twins.

REDS +200 FIRST 5 INNINGS over the struggling Dodgers.

PARLAY WHITE SOX FULL GAME AND ASTROS FIRST 5 INNINGS +122. I don't like to parlay baseball but the White Sox have the advantage in every measurable category.  I watched Giolitto's last outing, which on paper looks like a struggle, but in reality he pitched well but was really unlucky until he lost his cool.  Astros pitcher is developing into something really nice.  Both games unplayable on their own but if they both come through it pays nice plus money.

Waiting on lineups for one more possible play, which would be an over.

ReplyQuote
seansully96
(@seansully96)
Blue Belt Member

I've had quite a nice line on some of these with my British bookie lol, on the parley and the Indians first 5, cheers JB 

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Black Belt Member
Topic starter  

Sean...these picks were from yesterday mate...cancel out your bets if possible or bet the other side to hedge.

ReplyQuote
JB826
(@jb826)
Black Belt Member
Topic starter  

Yesterday was super flat. Lots of pushes, some bad luck and terrible opposing pitchers have the performance of their season so far.  0-2-3 for a loss of 2 units. On the year, 25-19 (57%) for a profit of 4.06 units.

One play today.   MIAMI MARLINS -113 FULL GAME based on massive pitching advantage.

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 13
Share: